GCSE Human Biology
IGCSE Human Biology introduces you to the various systems of the human body from organ level right down to the microscopic level of cells. There are also sections on human reproduction, disease and how we are affected by and affect the environment.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No prior qualification needed
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the exam and practical assessments (as administered by Edexcel), you will have achieved an internationally recognised Edexcel IGCSE Human Biology (4HBO) qualification.
- Knowledge and understanding of the structure and functions of the human body.
- Appreciation of how the human organism maintains itself.
- Appreciation of how humans relate to other animals and how we depend on plants.
- An understanding of how we can best modify our environment and habitats to produce healthy conditions for present and future populations.
Training Course Content
This course is divided into 14 units:
- Unit 1: Cells and Tissues
- Unit 2: Biological Molecules
- Unit 3: Movement of Substances in and out of Cells
- Unit 4: Form and Movement: Bones, Muscles and Joints
- Unit 5: Coordination
- Unit 6: Nutrition and Energy
- Unit 7: Respiration
- Unit 8: Gas Exchange
- Unit 9: Internal Transport
- Unit 10: Homeostatic Mechanisms
- Unit 11: Reproduction and Heredity
- Unit 12: Disease
- Unit 13: Non-Pathogenic Organisms and their Importance
- Unit 14 Environment
Absorb Online Learning
With Absorb you can learn entirely online. This means you can study on your commute, on your lunch break and even whilst travelling. You can study on any computer or smart device, providing that you have access to the internet....
Find out more about this GCSE Human Biology course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!