AutoCAD for Mac Essentials - Live Online TrainingArmada
AutoCAD for Mac Essentials - Live Online Training
All available course dates
AutoCAD for Mac Essentials - Live Online Training
AutoCAD for Mac software lets you utilise the power of AutoCAD using your Mac. It is integrated with the Mac OS, so you can access familiar Mac functions. It offers Mac-specific features including a specialised interface, coverflow navigation and multi-touch gestures.
AutoCAD for Mac Essentials training provides a thorough grounding for beginners. On completion, you will be able to use AutoCAD for Mac to create high quality, accurate 2D layouts and designs.
The AutoCAD for Mac drawing techniques taught are generic, relevant to all industries. You will be able to apply them to whatever you’re going to be doing in the application. Our trainers draw on exercises from a variety of disciplines.
Armada is a long-standing Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC). Our AutoCAD for Mac courses are accredited by Autodesk, and are hosted by expert trainers with a wealth of
professional experience and knowledge of using AutoCAD in their career.
The Armada approach to live online training
We do everything possible to make your experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom…
- You can see and hear our trainer and the other delegates.
- Our trainer and the other delegates can see you (via your webcam) and hear you.
- We’ll provide your training materials, and make the course files and resources available for you to download.
- Your training is hands-on: you’ll practice and carry out exercises throughout.
- If you're learning to use an application and don’t have access to the software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- If you need assistance, you can share your screen with our trainer, and pass control to them.
- You’ll receive an e-certificate confirming successful course completion. Click here to see a sample of the certificate you receive.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
Going to be using AutoCAD on a Windows computer? Then our standard
AutoCAD Essentials is the course for you!
Our typical 3day AutoCAD for Mac course covers the following topics:
Creating basic objects
- Working with lines
- Working with arcs
- Working with polylines
- Using grips
- Using object snaps
- Using object snap tracking
- Using polar tracking
Saving your work
- Other file formats, DXF, etc.
- Disaster recovery
Accurate object creation
- Working with units
- Dynamic input
- Using Inquiry commands
- Using measurement tools to find length, area, etc.
- Zooming techniques
- Panning techniques
- Selecting objects in the drawing
- Noun/verb selection
- Using Quick Select
- Moving objects
- Copying objects
- Rotating objects
- Mirroring objects
- Arraying objects
- Scaling objects
- Trimming and extending objects to defined boundaries
- Creating parallel and offset geometry
- Joining objects
- Filleting corners between two objects
- Chamfering corners between two objects
- Stretching objects
- Using layers
- Changing object properties
- Matching object properties
- Using the properties palette
- Using linetypes
Working with layouts
- Using page setups
- Using layouts
- Scaling drawing views
Annotating the drawing
- Creating multiline text
- Creating single line text
- Using text styles
- Editing text
- Creating dimensions
- Using dimension styles
- Editing dimensions
- Using multileaders
- Hatching objects
- Editing hatch objects
Working with reusable content
- Creating and inserting blocks and symbols
- Editing blocks and symbols
- Using tool palettes
- Working with groups
Layouts and paper space
- Understanding model space and paper space
- Creating layouts
- Creating and using viewports
- Setting viewport scales
Plotting your drawings
- Plotting drawings
- PDF output
- Multiple sheet drawings
- Using Plotstyles
- Creating drawing templates
- Using drawing templates
- AutoCAD toolsets
- AutoCAD web app
- AutoCAD mobile app
At Armada, we use Zoom for our live online training.
One of the office team will help make sure you have everything set-up ready for your training, and be on hand if you have any technical questions at all.
With scheduled AutoCAD for Mac Essentials courses, you’ll attend the same course as people who are running AutoCAD running under Windows, and your trainer may demonstrate techniques using the Windows version of AutoCAD. Your trainer will be familiar with AutoCAD for Mac, and will be able to explain how to carry out all techniques taught in your course using AutoCAD for Mac.
AutoCAD for Mac training is available ‘on‑request’, i.e. one-to-one, or a closed course for your group. With on-request training, our trainer demonstrates using AutoCAD for Mac
Why choose Armada
4.9 stars Google Review rating
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses in 2021
5 locations across UK and live online courses
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
Average rating 5Based on 4 reviews.