AutoCAD Essentials - Live Online TrainingArmada
AutoCAD Essentials - 3-day Live Online Introductory level AutoCAD training course for beginners in all industries. Online training lets you join a live training course from your place of work or home.
Looking to gain skills in AutoCAD without any prior CAD knowledge?
This AutoCAD Essentials course provides beginners with a comprehensive introduction to the AutoCAD software, teaching delegates the key commands and techniques for producing high quality, accurate 2D drawings.
AutoCAD training is hands-on and practical. Armada's trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice these techniques taught.
Our approach to Online training
When you attend our Live Online Training with Armada, you’re participating in a real Autodesk-authorised course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
- See and hear our trainer and other virtual delegates participating in the training.
- Allow our trainer and the other virtual delegates to see and hear you (if you have a webcam, and you’re agreeable).
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer to show them what you’re seeing.
Your experience will be as close as is possible to actually being in the classroom…
- The training will follow the same syllabus, and will be hosted by the same Autodesk Certified Instructors (ACIs), as our classroom-based courses.
- We’ll post you a training guide, and send you all the information you need to participate in the training. We’ll even post you a headset and microphone if you need one.
- You’ll carry out exercises using the software you’re being trained in, assisted by our trainer. If you don’t have access to the software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You'll receive an e-certificate directly from Autodesk confirming successful completion of an accredited course. Click here to see a sample of the certificate you receive.
- You’ll be entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Navigate the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT user interfaces.
- Use the fundamental features of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT.
- Present 2D drawings that are precise, detailed and visually appealing.
Self-funders can spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free.
This provider offers an online version of their classroom courses
This provider has changed its terms and conditions to allow for rebooking/an amended cancellation policy in light of COVID-19
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This AutoCAD Essentials training is ideal for:
- Newcomers to AutoCAD and CAD drawing.
- Users with a small amount of AutoCAD experience.
- Users who have previously used a different CAD tool and are looking to migrate to AutoCAD.
Online / Virtual delegates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, and have access to a computer to use throughout the training.
No prior CAD knowledge is necessary.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and the AutoCAD Essentials course is accredited by Autodesk. Delegates receive an industry recognised e-certificate from Autodesk to confirm they have attended and successfully completed an accredited AutoCAD training course.
Autodesk offers a program of professional certification for which Armada is an authorised Autodesk Certification Centre (ACC). All delegates attending AutoCAD Essentials training at Armada are eligible to take an exam, either at the end of their course or on a later date, in order to gain 'Autodesk-certified' status for AutoCAD. This exam cannot be taken online, it must be taken at our Bromsgrove centre.
Training Course Content
This course typically covers the following topics:
The AutoCAD interface
- Features of the ribbon
- The Application menu
- The Quick Access toolbar
- The command line
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Creating basic drawings
Creating basic objects
- Working with lines
- Working with arcs
- Working with polylines
- Using grips
- Using object snaps
- Using object snap tracking
- Using polar tracking
Saving your work
- Other file formats, DXF, etc.
- Disaster recovery
Accurate object creation
- Working with units
- Dynamic input
- Using Inquiry commands
- Using measurement tools to find length, area, etc.
- Zooming techniques
- Panning techniques
- Selecting objects in the drawing
- Noun/verb selection
- Using Quick Select
- Moving objects
- Copying objects
- Rotating objects
- Mirroring objects
- Arraying objects
- Scaling objects
- Trimming and extending objects to defined boundaries
- Creating parallel and offset geometry
- Joining objects
- Filleting corners between two objects
- Chamfering corners between two objects
- Stretching objects
- Using layers
- Changing object properties
- Matching object properties
- Using the properties palette
- Using linetypes
Working with layouts
- Using page setups
- Using layouts
- Scaling drawing views
Annotating the drawing
- Creating multiline text
- Creating single line text
- Using text styles
- Editing text
- Creating dimensions
- Using dimension styles
- Editing dimensions
- Using multileaders
- Hatching objects
- Editing hatch objects
Working with reusable content
- Creating and inserting blocks and symbols
- Editing blocks and symbols
- Using tool palettes
- Working with groups
Layouts and paper space
- Understanding model space and paper space
- Creating layouts
- Creating and using viewports
- Setting viewport scales
Plotting your drawings
- Plotting drawings
- PDF output
- Multiple sheet drawings
- Using Plotstyles
- Creating drawing templates
- Using drawing templates
- AutoCAD toolsets
- AutoCAD web app
- AutoCAD mobile app
Why choose Armada
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses
Over 700 delegates attended our AutoCAD courses in 2019
4.9 Star Google Review rating
Course fees are inclusive of all relevant course documentation, posted to each delegate ahead of the training.
Discounts are available for multiple bookings.
Delegates are also entitled to 30 days' after-course support via email.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Following AutoCAD Essentials, we also offer AutoCAD Intermediate and AutoCAD 3D training. These courses are all available as Live Online Training.
Armada has been hosting training courses for professionals for over 15 years. We specialise in: CAD design, covering applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, 3ds Max and SketchUp. Creative, video and animation training, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects...
Average rating 4.8Based on 6 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!