AutoCAD Essentials - Live Online TrainingArmada
AutoCAD Essentials - Live Online Training
All available course dates
AutoCAD Essentials - Live Online Training
This AutoCAD Essentials course provides beginners with a comprehensive introduction to the AutoCAD software, teaching delegates the key commands and techniques for producing high quality, accurate 2D drawings.
AutoCAD training is hands-on and practical. Armada's trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice these techniques taught.
Our approach to live online training
You participate in the same course as in-class delegates, and we do everything possible to make your experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom…
- Your course is Autodesk-accredited, hosted by an Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI) with vast experience of using the application professionally.
- You can see and hear our trainer, the other delegates and our trainer’s screen.
- Our trainer and the other delegates can see you (via your webcam) and hear you.
- We’ll post you a printed training guide, and make the course files and resources available for you to download.
- Your training is hands-on: you’ll practice and carry out exercises throughout.
- If you're learning to use an application and don’t have access to the software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- If you need assistance, you can share your screen with our trainer, and pass control to them.
- Should you want to send a private message to your trainer, you can do so using chat.
- You’ll receive an e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Autodesk-accredited course. Click here to see a sample of the certificate you receive.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
If you are unsure on the hardware set-up for online training, one of the Armada team will be more than happy to guide you through the best way to set this up.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Navigate the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT user interfaces.
- Use the fundamental features of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT.
- Present 2D drawings that are precise, detailed and visually appealing.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This AutoCAD Essentials training is ideal for:
- Newcomers to AutoCAD and CAD drawing.
- Users with a small amount of AutoCAD experience.
- Users who have previously used a different CAD tool and are looking to migrate to AutoCAD.
Online / Virtual delegates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, and have access to a computer to use throughout the training.
No prior CAD knowledge is necessary.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and the AutoCAD Essentials course is accredited by Autodesk. Delegates receive an industry recognised e-certificate from Autodesk to confirm they have attended and successfully completed an accredited AutoCAD training course.
Autodesk offers a program of professional certification for which Armada is an authorised Autodesk Certification Centre (ACC). All delegates attending AutoCAD Essentials training at Armada are eligible to take an exam, either at the end of their course or on a later date, in order to gain 'Autodesk-certified' status for AutoCAD. This exam cannot be taken online, it must be taken at our Bromsgrove centre.
Training Course Content
This course typically covers the following topics:
The AutoCAD interface
- Features of the ribbon
- The Application menu
- The Quick Access toolbar
- The command line
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Creating basic drawings
Creating basic objects
- Working with lines
- Working with arcs
- Working with polylines
- Using grips
- Using object snaps
- Using object snap tracking
- Using polar tracking
Saving your work
- Other file formats, DXF, etc.
- Disaster recovery
Accurate object creation
- Working with units
- Dynamic input
- Using Inquiry commands
- Using measurement tools to find length, area, etc.
- Zooming techniques
- Panning techniques
- Selecting objects in the drawing
- Noun/verb selection
- Using Quick Select
- Moving objects
- Copying objects
- Rotating objects
- Mirroring objects
- Arraying objects
- Scaling objects
- Trimming and extending objects to defined boundaries
- Creating parallel and offset geometry
- Joining objects
- Filleting corners between two objects
- Chamfering corners between two objects
- Stretching objects
- Using layers
- Changing object properties
- Matching object properties
- Using the properties palette
- Using linetypes
Working with layouts
- Using page setups
- Using layouts
- Scaling drawing views
Annotating the drawing
- Creating multiline text
- Creating single line text
- Using text styles
- Editing text
- Creating dimensions
- Using dimension styles
- Editing dimensions
- Using multileaders
- Hatching objects
- Editing hatch objects
Working with reusable content
- Creating and inserting blocks and symbols
- Editing blocks and symbols
- Using tool palettes
- Working with groups
Layouts and paper space
- Understanding model space and paper space
- Creating layouts
- Creating and using viewports
- Setting viewport scales
Plotting your drawings
- Plotting drawings
- PDF output
- Multiple sheet drawings
- Using Plotstyles
- Creating drawing templates
- Using drawing templates
- AutoCAD toolsets
- AutoCAD web app
- AutoCAD mobile app
Why choose Armada
4.9 stars Google Review rating
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses in 2021
5 locations across UK and live online courses
Course fees are inclusive of all relevant course documentation, posted to each delegate ahead of the training.
Discounts are available for multiple bookings.
Delegates are also entitled to 30 days' after-course support via email.
Following AutoCAD Essentials, we also offer AutoCAD Intermediate and AutoCAD 3D training. These courses are all available as Live Online Training.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
Average rating 5Based on 33 reviews.