English - Level 1 Functional SkillsBirmingham Adult Education Service
English - Level 1 Functional Skills
- To improve your reading, writing and verbal communication skills in real-life contexts
- To set goals to help you develop the English skills YOU need in everyday life and work
- To gain a Functional English qualification at Level 1
Suitability - Who should attend?
Adults (19+) who would like to develop their English skills for everyday life and work and gain a qualification.
Training Course Content
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify meanings in texts and distinguish between fact and opinion
- Identify the purpose and features of different sorts of texts
- Compare information, ideas and opinions in different texts
- Consider your audience and use appropriate style and features to produce a wide range of effective texts such as letters, reports, emails and promotional leaflets
- Develop your communication skills and confidence to make presentations and take part in formal discussions
- Identify relevant information and lines of argument in discussions and presentations
- Know and use strategies to learn spellings and spell better
- Plan, draft and organise writing and check your own work for accuracy, including spelling
Birmingham Adult Education Service
At Birmingham Adult Education Service their aim is to make a difference. Offering courses such as English, Math, Health & Social Care and Art, BAES has a vision to become an outstanding provider of community learning and skills. Whether you're...
Find out more about this English - Level 1 Functional Skills course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.