Private Home Tutor - 1 day Training Course
To be a private home tutor, all you need is a skill, good qualifications or academic experience. This is a perfect role for those who may be a student or a teacher and are looking for some extra part time work that is both interesting and rewarding. A private tutor can be required for a variety of study or training, such as preparation for GCSE or A Level examinations, language, music and sport tutoring, or exam technique coaching.
Private home tutors will experience the joy of making a difference to a student's experience and knowledge. It can be an incomparable learning environment to schooling, and can bring out the best of a student who has struggled in a group teaching environment, giving them the opportunity to grow, learn and become who and what they want to be.
A private tutor can earn anything between £35-£75 per hour, depending on their speciality, and can provide a substantial form of income from just a small amount of work per week. Depending on the subject, tutors can generate between £500-£1000 in a month, and this includes very low costs to the tutor. Established or specialist tutors can often charge more, particularly around degree level or specialist subjects.
This information-packed training course from Brilliant Customer Service is held monthly on Saturdays and Sundays in London in varying locations, including Camden, Chiswick, Canary Wharf, Chelsea, Richmond and other London boroughs.
All our courses now include a full e-learning follow-up course and mobile application. This form of 'blended learning' can reduce time away from workplace or job and also has the potential for greater impact, usability and value. Unlike traditional training, the training content can be revisited many times in bite-sized chunks. This includes short, informative videos, audios, quizzes and information pages. We also offer half-day open courses and a free email newsletter for each course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should attend?
- Current and qualified graduates, students or teachers from all subjects areas
- Talented or qualified musicians, sports specialist and language teachers
- Existing or retired school teachers and academics
You do not need any qualifications or certification required to start working as a private home tutor straight after attending this practical training program.
Training Course Content
- The qualities, skills and personality of a ‘private home tutor, is this opportunity right for you?
- Delivering great ‘customer’ service – why being a good private home tutor is not enough, plus deciding when and where you prefer to tutor, the keys to gaining rapport, trust and credibility.
- Sourcing and using study aids and materials to maximise your time and your students learning.
- How to plan, structure and conduct a private or home tutoring session successfully, whether at the parents home, your location or an independent venue, say a school or meeting room.
- Business and marketing skills – ways to market yourself without a marketing budget, plus where to advertise, professional associations and more.
- Knowing to what and how to charge for different levels of tutoring and the best ways to suggest a series of lessons not just ‘ad-hoc’ sessions.
- Legal aspects: Insurance, CRB checks, VAT and tax issues…all your questions answered plus a handy list of tips, information sources and links to save you time and money.
- Turning enquiries into bookings using a conversational approach. Learn how successful private home tutors turn a simple email enquiry into a brand new client.
- How best to generate repeat business from existing clients and gaining referrals easily and naturally.
- How to market yourself through agencies, selecting the best agencies and promoting yourself in your local community with low-cost marketing, plus on-line, by word of mouth or other methods.
- The keys to working for yourself – tips and techniques for personal organisation.
- Mistakes and errors to avoid – learning from real-life private home tutors – to make sure you succeed quickly and easily.
The cost of this course is £295 + VAT per participant.
Contact Brilliant for more information.
Customer service, support and consultative selling skills training and coaching
We specialise in providing a range of proven training courses delivered by a team of expert consultants and facilitators. There are a core of main courses available in a range of formats, including one day and half day in-house workshops...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Private Home Tutor course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!