Introduction to Business StrategyCambridge Management Sciences Ltd
Introduction to Business Strategy
All available course dates
Introduction to Business Strategy - Remote Blended Learning Programme
This introductory Business Strategy training course explores practical approaches to developing strategic thinking skills and implementing a strategic management process, by providing proven methods and robust tools for each stage in the development and implementation of business strategy.
This adaptive remote-learning course uses the latest online technology to provide you with skills to analyse the external business environment and your internal capabilities, then identify appropriate strategies for the issues that this reveals. The results enable you to develop a tailored action plan to develop your own strategy and embed strategic management within your organisation. Delegates will discover their own key strategic challenges - doing the analysis, option generation, choice, and implementation planning for the new strategy.
Our evidence-based training approach helps professionals improve their strategic thinking ability and increase their confidence in managing strategic responsibilities in the context of their organisation and the industry it operates in.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Introduction to Business Strategy training course is designed for divisional directors, senior managers and portfolio managers who have, or will have, the responsibility to translate organisational strategy into effective performance and deliver results.
The programme is designed for managers who prefer to learn at their own pace, at times and locations that are convenient for them. It is, therefore, based on self-study, using a range of proven methods. The course adapts to your individual needs which means you get more support where needed and don't need to spend time on material you are already competent at.
It is designed using an evidence-informed approach. This means that the course design, teaching methods and materials utilise the results of research in the learning sciences about what really works in terms of sustained improvement in performance.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Learning Objectives for this course include:
- Clarity about the elements of direction and strategy such as Purpose, Mission, Strategy, Goals, Vision and Values
- Insights into the reasons why conflicts between strategic leaders and operational managers are inevitable and how to resolve them so the conflict is healthy
- Understanding the difference between corporate and business strategy
- Appreciation of the importance of the idea competitive strategy and how newer ideas such as the Resource-based view and Blue Ocean® strategy fit
- A better understanding of personal strengths as a strategic thinker and manager and areas for further development
Training Course Content
Business Strategy Explained
Strategic management involves thinking through what you want to achieve, how you are going to allocate and direct resources to deliver, then managing the implementation, to deliver sustained success.
Module 1 - Principles of strategic analysis
- What are strategy and strategic thinking?
- What is the difference between a good strategy and a bad one?
- How to think strategically: comparison with analytical and creative thinking
- Understanding the concept of the “business model”
- Vision, values, mission and goals – case examples, class discussion and guidelines
- Analysis and extrapolation of the business environment
MODULE 2 – The Strategic Management Process
- How to evaluate market structures, trends and prospects
- Evaluating internal competencies and capabilities
- Situational analysis
- Strategy formulation and measurement – Strategy Maps and the Balanced Scorecard
- The content of a strategy: how to achieve strategic alignment
- Putting a strategic plan together
- Business cases and business plans demystified
MODULE 3 – Strategy implementation, measurement and improvement
- Managing risk and uncertainty
- Gaining your team’s commitment and buy-in to the strategy
- Case Study: Strategy Consultancy Role Play
- Effective execution – communication and stakeholder management
- Implementation – getting practical things done
- Conclusion - the corporate and individual value of strategic thinking
Course delivery details
The course is delivered using our adaptive remote learning platform which is updated regularly to continually enhance the learning experience.
The programme costs £575 which includes on-line access to the material for a year.
There is an early-bird rate of £475 for bookings made during 2020.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Cambridge Management Sciences - Business Training Courses & Bespoke Learning and Development Services
Cambridge Management Sciences specialise in evidence-based consultancy, organisation development and personal development for business teams and individual professionals who are involved with implementing strategy, aligning their organisations to deliver strategy or managing the people and process aspects of change and transformation....
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Find out more about this Introduction to Business Strategy course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams