Open public Change Management accredited training, London
**THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY BEING RUN ONLINE AS VIRTUAL LIVE CLASSROOM TRAINING**
Focusing on both the process and the people aspects of change, the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner certification teaches you powerful skills for managing change, such as engaging people along the journey, assessing the impact of change and an organisation’s change readiness.
On this highly practical Change Management accredited course you will:
- Learn to thrive on change, minimise the stress that transition creates and gain the confidence to make change ‘stick.’
- Master how to galvanise individual motivations, overcome resistance, dismantle the barriers to communicating change and assess the severity and complexity of the change.
- Develop your understanding of change and what it means, identify the negative impacts that change initiatives can have and learn how to address these so you can manage change initiatives successfully.
- Be recognised as a dependable manager of organisational change and gain a widely recognised professional qualification.
This globally recognised qualification, accredited by APMG International, is the definitive certification for professionals dealing with organisational change, transition and transformation.
It goes beyond the scope of a traditional project or programme management approach, focusing on 4 core types of areas:
- Individual change
- Team change
- Organisational change
- Leading change
We offer the Change Management certification as a scheduled public classroom course for people who may have missed an in-company course or independent contractors wishing to gain the Change Management certification.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- Self-Paced Online
ChangeQuest are very happy to discuss your requirements and deliver an
in-company version of this Change Management certification course, which can be tailored to specific organisation requirements.
In-company training means we can reference your current processes, specific terminology and project management frameworks, throughout the course.
This makes it easier for people to identify how best to apply the theory and concepts in the most effective and beneficial way. It also means your teams can work with ‘live’ project examples during course activities to develop useful outputs, making the programme even more relevant and effective.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Change Management Foundation level
- Anyone interested in understanding the basic principles of achieving successful organisational change, transition or transformation
- Team members involved in organisational change, transition or transformation projects
- Professionals pursuing the Change Management Practitioner certificate, for which the Change Management Foundation certificate is a pre-requisite
- If you are a project, programme or change manager and either responsible for or involved in implementing change, then this course will give you a good knowledge of change theory, together with a set of practices to improve your effectiveness
Change Management Practitioner level
- Aspiring or current managers of organisational change, transition or transformation
- Those performing key roles in the design, development and delivery of organisational change programmes, including; Change Project Managers, Transformation Managers, Senior Responsible Owners, Business Change Managers, Change Programme Managers, Operational Line Managers
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Change Management Foundation level
- To become an effective team member involved in organisational change projects
- How the process of organisational change or transformation occurs
- The roles needed to assemble teams most likely to achieve successful organisational change
- How people react to organisational change and how to help them adapt
- What needs to be done to overcome resistance and manage it in such a way that the changes really ‘stick’
- To develop strategies to keep people motivated while an organisation undergoes change
- The different types of change processe.g. planned and emergent change
- How to keep stakeholders engaged while an organisation undergoes change
- A wide range of tools and methods whilst gaining fresh skills and new-found confidence to successfully deal with all aspects of change
Change Management Practitioner level
- To apply appropriate process frameworks to optimally plan and understand organisational change
- A range of organisation paradigms with which to understand, support and sustain organisational change processes
- How to properly prepare for an organisational change initiative –such as building an effective change team and offering insights which enhance the team’s performance
- To prepare people for organisational change
- How to be motivational in ways that are empathetic towards peoples’ roles and personalities
- How to establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders can support and sustain the change process
- Opportunities to practise working on real project examples –this way you not only learn the knowledge behind the latest change theory, but get the know how and confidence to apply these skills, making your projects and change initiatives a real success
Change Management exam structure
There are 2 levels to this Change Management qualification, Foundation level and Practitioner level.
Change Management Foundation level exam
- Multiple-choice format and closed book
- 40 minutes duration, with 50 questions
- Pass mark 50%
- Takes place on the afternoon of the third day
Change Management Practitioner level exam
- Multiple-choice format and open book
- 2.5 hours duration, with 80 questions
- Pass mark 50%
- Takes place on the morning of the fifth day
There are no pre-requisites for taking the courses, but some pre-course study is required to help delegates fully prepare.
It is necessary to pass the Foundation level before taking the Practitioner exam.
Training Course Content
The following areas are covered during this Change Management Foundation and Practitioner course:
- The change management context
Learning and the individual, Learning process and styles, Learning dip
- Change and the individual
Models of individual change, Motivation, Individual differences
- Change and the organisation
Metaphors of organisations, Organisation culture and change, Models of change, Key roles in organisational change, Drivers of change, Developing vision
- Stakeholder strategy
Identifying and segmenting stakeholders, Personas and empathy maps, Stakeholder mapping, Influencing strategies
- Communication and engagement
Communications biases, Feedback and communications approaches, Communicating change and communications channels, Planning communications
- Change impact
Identifying and assessing change impact, Stakeholder impact assessment, Change severity assessment
- Change readiness
Building the change team, Motivation to change and supporting individuals, Building organisational change readiness, Change agent networks, Change management plan, Effective teams and team development, Preparing for resistance
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 4.9
I attended this course to increase my confidence, with the aim to get a business known qualification recognisable outside of my current organisation. From this course, I have ga...
I was interested in attending this course to learn a different skill. I have gained two qualifications in Change Management and can now go on to network with like minded people ...
I've been expanding my experience further into change management elements of projects and it felt time to solidify my thinking. I have gained loads from the course! Logical way...
- Combined Change Management Foundation and Practitioner certification
- Change Management Foundation certification only
*Your Change Management training course fees include:
- The course textbook 'The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook, Essential guidance to the change management body of knowledge'. Edited by Richard Smith, David King, Ranjit Sidhu and Dan Skelsey. Founder of ChangeQuest, Ranjit Sidhu, has written the chapter on Communication and Engagement.
- Pre-course support and study guide
- Course materials
- Examination fees
- Post-course support
ChangeQuest are change management and transformation specialists, providing professional training and consultancy fine-tuned to the real-life issues facing each client. Offering training and consultancy in change management, project management and people skills, ChangeQuest can help you and your organisation learn and grow, to...