Facilitation Skills CertificationChangeQuest
Facilitation Skills Certification
All available course dates
In-company Facilitation Skills accredited training
Effective facilitation skills enable smoother interactions, quality decisions, greater buy-in and commitment.
As we move away from the ‘command and control’ way of working, effective facilitation skills are increasingly important. This certification teaches powerful skills and core competencies for enabling collaboration and drawing out the best from the skills and knowledge of people within a group.
Gain the confidence and new skills to make your team meetings more productive, facilitate team building, improve management of project stakeholder interactions, resolve issues faster and inspire your teams with creative thinking models.
This APMG International certified facilitation training course complements other professional development qualifications in project management and change management.
You will learn
- the facilitating skills needed to become an effective facilitator, capable of stepping into a wide variety of situations
- a broad range of practical tools and techniques for the role of a facilitator - these can help groups to handle uncertainty, improve group dynamics, solve problems, develop conflict resolution capabilities and develop answers to key questions
- best practice facilitation methods will help you tackle difficult challenges, delivering timely and robust solutions in an effective way
- to be better able to involve stakeholders at all levels, implementing change through effective collaboration techniques
- to generate a common language, which improves communication and understanding by active listening not only within the whole group but throughout the organisation.
This highly interactive workshop provides participants with a recognised certification of their skills as facilitators.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Facilitation Skills certification is relevant to all areas of business and industry where people come together to tackle issues, resolve problems and develop effective solutions.
The course will benefit anyone with a role in project and change management or organisational development including:
- Project and programme managers and team leaders
- Project and programme support staff (e.g. portfolio, programme and project office staff)
- Business change managers and leaders
- Change initiators (e.g. strategic planners and policy leads)
- Delivery managers
- Business analysts
- Agile project team members and SCRUM Masters
- Line managers
Facilitation Skills Practitioner level
- Managers, specialists, project managers, change agents, Business Analysts, IT professionals and aspiring facilitators who need to achieve outcomes related to their specialist area through group collaboration and participation
- It is also relevant to other key individuals who work in teams to address business issues, and to managers and leaders at all levels who have to achieve real business outcomes through groups or teams of people
Outcome / Qualification etc.
facilitation skills FOUNDATION LEVEL
- Confirm your knowledge of the Process Iceberg® Facilitation Methodology
- How to explain the Process Iceberg model and its relevance to helping a group achieve its Task objectives
- How to outline a plan for the contracting meeting with a client, and for setting up the logistics of an event
- How to identify appropriate roles, behaviours and contracts between Facilitator, Task Leader and group
- How to draft an Agenda Process plan for a group’s work session in terms of Process, taking proper account of Task Uncertainty/Complexity/Certainty and the level of group Process Awareness.
- How to distinguish clearly and accurately between ‘Task’ and ‘Process’ issues, and state how an effective Facilitator should respond to each
- How to formulate good quality feedback, using the Feedback Model, reverse feedback and creating SPOs to introduce Process to support the Task
- How to recognise behaviours of individual group members which indicate particular personality types and related preferences
- How to describe how to use the Process Iceberg model to avoid and address problems in meetings
- How to review a meeting using the Process Iceberg, using this Process to indicate the group’s Process maturity
- How to list the key characteristics of an effective Facilitator
- How to explain the Process, uses, rationale, advantages and limitations of Models, Tools and Techniques included in the Foundation syllabus
Facilitation Skills Practitioner level
- Apply Process Iceberg thinking to help a group achieve its goals
- Recognise where facilitation is or is not an appropriate response to organisational needs and work effectively with strategic information to apply facilitation in organisation settings
- Plan meetings with a client to understand the Task needs and set up the logistics of an event
- Contribute helpfully to establishing a Contract with the Task Leader and with the group
- Design a facilitated event
- Work effectively with other Facilitators to apply facilitation in larger group settings
- Respond to situations which arise during an event, making good Process decisions which secure Task outcomes
- Develop effective interaction and decision-making in the group by using appropriate communication Tools
Facilitation Skills exam structure
There are 2 levels to this Facilitation Skills qualification, Foundation level and Practitioner level.
Facilitation Foundation level exam
- Multiple-choice format and closed book
- 40 minutes duration, with 50 questions
- Pass mark 50%
- Takes place on the afternoon of the third day
Facilitation Practitioner level exam
- Multiple-choice format and open book
- 2.5 hours duration, with 80 questions
- Pass mark 50%
- Takes place on the morning of the fifth day
There are no pre-requisites for taking the courses, but some pre-course study is required to help delegates fully prepare.
It is necessary to pass the Foundation level before taking the Practitioner exam.
ChangeQuest are very happy to discuss your requirements and deliver an
in-company version of this Facilitation Skills certification course which can be tailored to specific organisation requirements.
In-company training means we can reference your current processes, specific terminology and project management frameworks, throughout the course.
This makes it easier for people to identify how best to apply the theory and concepts in the most effective and beneficial way. It also means your teams can work with ‘live’ project examples during course activities to develop useful outputs, making the programme even more relevant and effective.
You can run this programme in the most convenient way for your organisation, either over consecutive days or split into separate modules.
Training Course Content
A robust framework for effective facilitation across all areas of an organisation and in the context of projects, change, business analysis, strategic planning, operational effectiveness and business process improvement.
The following areas are covered during this course:
- Applying the Process Iceberg® model and framework
- Clarifying and assessing task objectives for degree of uncertainty
- Establishing group formations most appropriate to achieve the objective
- Differentiating between the Facilitator’s role and the Task Leader’s role
- Data collection tools and techniques
- Prioritisation and decision-making techniques
- Models for problem solving and implementation
- Creative techniques for collaboration and emergent change
- Approach for designing and reviewing an event
- How to deal with different personality types and issues during an event
The cost of this in-company Facilitation Skills certification course depends on your exact requirements and includes:
- The course textbook 'Facilitation, Develop Your Expertise' by Tony Mann
- Pre-course support and study guide
- Course materials
- Examination fees
- Post-course support
- Running this programme in the most convenient way for your organisation, either over consecutive days or split into separate modules.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
ChangeQuest are change management and transformation specialists, providing professional training and consultancy fine-tuned to the real-life issues facing each client. Offering training and consultancy in change management, project management and people skills, ChangeQuest can help you and your organisation learn and grow, to...
Average rating 4.5Based on 8 reviews.
Find out more about this Facilitation Skills Certification course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!