Introduction to Facilitation SkillsPTP Training & Marketing Ltd
Introduction to Facilitation Skills
Inevitably, in any organisation occasions arise where the method by which consensus can be achieved is not always obvious. Also, there will be occasions when it is critical to gain the buy-in of key people to a plan of action. Facilitation is increasingly becoming a required skill of the modern manager who wishes to generate consensus within his team and professionals in support roles who do not have executive authority and need to use facilitation as a means to engage, enrol and enthuse people to adopt a change in working practices.
The course is delivered in true action learning fashion where the participants spend time facilitating each other to discover and practice the skills. Feedback from both the tutor and fellow participants will ensure the participants derive the greatest value.
The objective of this course is to introduce the participants to the fundamentals of facilitation and is suitable for anyone who wishes to arm themselves with this essential business skill.
Typical participants include managers, supervisors, HR professionals and other professionals who support the line e.g. quality, business development and IT
This Introduction to Facilitation Skills course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Understanding of what a facilitator does and crucially what they don't do
- The use of the .P.O.P. process to design an event that will lead a group through to a successful outcome
Training Course Content
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Course Objectives
- 10:00 - 11:15 Understanding Facilitation - a detailed examination of the role, qualities and skills of an accomplished facilitator. A breakdown of the 3 fundamentals of facilitation: task, process and people.
- 11:15 - 11:30 Break
- 11:30 - 12:45 The Facilitators Toolkit (Part 1)
- A route map for creating a facilitated event including defining the P.O.P. Purpose, Process and anticipated Outcomes.
- Writing a compelling design and advert for the event that appeals to the participants to and invites their participation and contribution.
- 12:45 - 13:15 Lunch
- 13:15 - 15:30 The Facilitators Toolkit (Part 2)
- Brainstorming the right way
- Introduction to three brainstorming techniques proven to deliver consensus, energy and high quality outcomes
- Designing a facilitated event i.e. a journey that the facilitator will lead the participants through to generate consensus and action
- 15.30 - 15:45 Break
- 15:45 Generating commitment and ensuring the momentum caused by a successful event is translated into further action
- 16:00 - 16:20 Preparing a personal action plan. Each participant creates a list of actions to apply the principles taught on the course to their own situation. Attention is paid to preparing and planning an event which the participant will deliver back at work.
- 16:20 : 16:30 Course review and close
- 16:30 Close
Fee includes all course materials, participant packs, certification and lunch
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Introduction to Facilitation Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!