Advanced Facilitation Skills (1 Day)PTP Training & Marketing Ltd
Advanced Facilitation Skills (1 Day)
The modern manager is required to develop and apply a suite of problem solving, decision making and consensus building tools to harness the intelligence, creativity and energy of the people whose commitment is required if key business goals are to be achieved. Professionals in support roles are increasingly required to use a variety of processes to engage, enthuse and enrol operations people to buy-into a change in working practices required by the business. In an increasingly bust world where time is a premium grabbing peoples attention and air time is not always easy so any event has to be facilitated in a slick, fast-paced and professional manner.
The course agenda will be set by the participants - to begin there will be a facilitated event where the participants will highlight their key facilitation challenges.
The tutor will then create the days agenda based on the precise needs of the participants and run the day accordingly.
Emphasis will be placed on using the time on the course for the participants to prepare for a forthcoming facilitated event where they will play with the lead role or support the chairperson.
All the participants will be invited to offer receive feedback on each others performance ensuring that the day is fast, focused and fun!
At the end of the day each participant will have acquired further facilitation skills, learned how to prepare and execute a professional facilitated event and planned their next event back at work.
This Advanced Facilitation Skills training course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The participants will have insights and practiced the skills necessary to become an accomplished facilitator, these are:
- Creating a climate for success
- Engaging stakeholders
Training Course Content
- 9:30 - 10:15 First facilitated event to determine the requirements from the participants for the day which may include some/all of the following:
- Understanding of what a facilitator does and crucially what they do not do
- Develop and design an event that will lead a group through to a successful outcome
- The difference between facilitation and chairing
- 5 of the best facilitation techniques for problem solving and decision making
- Handling group dynamics and deal with challenges, resistance and disruption
- The Facilitators route map - a step-by-step guide for setting up, marketing, designing and conducting a dynamic event
- Excellent design - creating a journey
- Enrolling stakeholders
- Preparing for what happens after the facilitated event
- 10:15 - 10:45 Review of the principle planning and design tools used by accomplished facilitators to preparing the ground fro a successful facilitated event
- 10:45- 11:00 Break
- 11:00 - 12:00 Introduction to the best consensus building, problem solving and brainstorming tools:
- Brainstorming the right way
- Blue sky vs. Grey sky
- 30-second brainstorming
- Force field analysis
- Decision matrices
- 12:00-12:45 Lunch
- 12:45-15:45 Participants take it in turns to run a series of facilitated events where they will use the best consensus building, problem solving and brainstorming tools to secure the answers to their own priority facilitation challenges. After each event the facilitator will receive feedback from the other participants and the tutor on their performance. This continues for the remainder of the day with a 15 minute break.
- 15:45 - 16:15 Review and action planning. The participants will leave the event with a plan to deliver a facilitated event back at work.
- 16:15 - 16:30 Course review and feedback
- 16.30 Close
Fee includes all course materials, participant packs, certification and lunch
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Advanced Facilitation Skills (1 Day) course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!