Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Facilitation Skills - (2 Days)PTP Training & Marketing Ltd
Advanced Facilitation Skills - (2 Days)
Advanced Facilitation Skills - (2 Days) - PTP Training & Marketing
Inevitably, in any organisation, occasions arise where the method by which consensus can be achieved is not always obvious. Also, there will be occasions when it is critical to gain the buy-in of key people. The objective of this course is to provide provide with the skills to be first-rate facilitators.
This Advanced Facilitation Skills course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 11 Hours
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Understanding of what a facilitator does and crucially what they don't do
- Develop and design an event that will lead a group through to a successful outcome
- Skill in applying the best creative techniques
- Handling group dynamics and deal with challenges, resistance and disruption
- Competence in the 12 Skills of Facilitation - A dozen skills that all accomplished facilitators must master
- The 'Facilitators route map ' - a step-by-step guide for setting up, marketing, designing and conducting a dynamic event
Training Course Content
- Course Objectives
- Understanding Facilitation (A detailed examination of the role, qualities and skills of an accomplished facilitator. A breakdown of the 3 fundamentals of facilitation: task, process and people.)
- The Facilitators Toolkit (Part 1)(The first two essential facilitation skills: First, a route map for creating a facilitated event including defining the purpose, process and anticipated outcomes. Second, techniques for engaging the key stakeholders.)
- The Facilitators Toolkit (Part 2)(An insight into the next 4 skills required of an Accomplished Facilitator:1) Creating a climate for success2) Managing the process3) Maintaining direction4) Monitoring progress)
- Real Life Scenarios (Participants apply the lessons learned so far to conduct a simulated facilitated event based on there own real world situations.)
- Managing Conflict (It is highly likely that in a facilitated event conflict will occur between individuals and/or groups. This session looks at typical sources of conflict and what to do to prevent them occurring manage them if they arise.)
- Handling Difficult Situations (This session looks at how to deal with challenges disruptions and resistance within the group.)
- Practical Exercise - Handling Difficult Situations (The participants apply the lessons learned to handle difficult situations in a simulated facilitated event.)
- The Facilitators Toolkit (Part 3)(Exploration of the next 3 facilitators skills9) Developing action plans10) Reviewing progress against anticipated outcomes11) Ensuring the momentum caused by a successful event is translated into further action)
- Creative Techniques (An introduction to the most effective creative techniques.)
- Practical Exercise - Using Creative Techniques (The participants apply the creative techniques learned in a simulated facilitated event based on their own real world situations.)
- Giving and Receiving Feedback (Each participant receives feedback from their colleagues on their strengths and areas where they need to develop their facilitation skills.)
- Preparing a Personal Action Plan (Each participant creates a list of actions to apply the principles taught on the course to their own situation.)
- Summary & Action Plans Agreed
Provider: PTP Training & Marketing Ltd
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...