Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
An Introduction to CoachingCIPD Training
An Introduction to Coaching - A two day course by CIPD training
Are you a line manager who would like to draw out the best from your team? This invaluable introduction to coaching serves as an ideal starting place as well as a solid foundation to discover and develop your ‘coaching management style’.
CIPD’s own learning delivery arm offer courses and qualifications across the UK (including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff and Edinburgh), and internationally. Enquire for details!
Suitability - Who should attend?
Typical participants on this Introduction to Coaching are line managers wishing to develop their coaching style and challenge and nurture their employees to reach their full potential.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of An Introduction to Coaching course you will be able to:
- identify coaching values
- evaluate different coaching models and how they are used
- develop your own coaching style
- apply coach-mentoring techniques for performance and development issues
- give feedback as a coach
- develop action plans for coaching in the workplace
Training Course Content
Pre course work
Delegates will be asked to complete the Preferred Learning Styles Questionnaire by Honey and Mumford and bring it along to the course.
Coaching – an overview
- definitions of leaders in the field
- coaching for skills
- performance improvement and potential
- philosophical underpinning
- identify your collective values around coaching
- peer coaching sessions
- practice a range of models
- Peter Honey’s learning styles
- learning style preferences questionnaire
- implications for the coach
- managing different learning style preferences
Communication style preferences
- application of communication styles in the coaching context
- appreciative enquiry
- coaching techniques for performance and development issues
- peer coaching sessions
Giving and receiving feedback effectively as a coach
- skills and techniques
- skills practice
The cost of this coaching programme for beginners is as follows:
- Non-Member Price: £880+ VAT
- CIPD Member Price: £790 + VAT
Provider: CIPD Training
Shaping the future of the HR and L&D profession. The CIPD is championing better work and working lives, setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisational development. With more than 100 programmes, CIPD Training is one of the UK's...