Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning In Schools - CACHE Level 3 Diploma (RQF) Course
The Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning in Schools - CACHE Level 3 Diploma (RQF) Course is suitable for those who are in the role of a teaching assistant who directly support teaching and learning of pupils that may require specialist knowledge and skills.
The qualification is designed for those learners already working or volunteering in a learning support role (Teaching Assistant, Classroom Assistant or Learning Support Assistant) who want to develop their knowledge and skills or confirm vocational proficiency. There is a requirement for assessment in a real work environment such as within primary, secondary or special schools, so learners must have a placement (either as a volunteer or as a member of staff) in a school environment. Learners must be at least 16 years old to take this qualification.
Students will develop the knowledge and skills required to provide specialist support to teachers and pupils, including:
- Supporting children with special education needs.
- Supporting children’s speech, language and communication.
- Supporting disabled children.
- Supporting learners with behavioural emotional and social development needs.
Students will also develop a wide range of personal, transferable skills, such as teamwork, mentoring, communication skills, self-assessment, planning and personal development which will benefit them as they progress.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
There are no particular entry requirements, although you cannot complete this course unless you have a suitable placement for collecting your work-based evidence for the course assignments. This placement could be full time, part time or voluntary.
Training Course Content
- Schools and Colleges as Organisations (T/616/5878)
- Support Health and Safety in a Learning Environment (A/616/5879)
- Understand how to Safeguard Children and Young People (M/616/5880)
- Develop Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults (T/616/5881)
- Understand how Children and Young People Develop (A/616/5882)
- Support Positive Behaviour in Children and Young People (F/616/5883)
- Support Children and Young People During Learning Activities (J/616/5884)
- Support English and Maths Skills (L/616/5885)
- Support the use of ICT in the Learning Environment (M/616/5958)
- Support Assessment for Learning (J/616/5965)
- Engage in Personal and Professional Development (L/616/5966)
- Unit 12: Support Children and Young People’s Speech, Language and Communication (D/616/5969)
- Understand how to Support Bilingual Learners (Y/616/5971)
- Understand how to Support Learning of Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (A/616/5977)
- Support Children and Young People During Transitions (F/616/5978)
- Support the Role of Play, Leisure and Extra-Curricular Activities for Children and Young People (J/616/5979)
Course delivery details
Course Format:Paper Based Materials (With Optional Online Course Notes)
1-2 Working Days (Courier Service)
This course is supplied as hard copy paper-based materials. You will receive an A4 ring bound course folder which will include all of your course notes and assignments and there is a separate study guide which should be read before starting the course and explains about support, the required format of assignments and how to submit assignments for assessment. We find this format works well for this particular course as you don't have to be on a computer to work through the notes and you get to keep the course materials after you have completed your study if you need to refer back to them.
We do also offer the option of an online version of the course notes which can be purchased for an additional £36.00 for learners who prefer computer-based learning or are travelling and need access to their course notes. This option is available at the checkout when ordering the course.
The hard-copy course materials are dispatched using a next working day courier service where available and the online course notes are usually issued within 24 hours of processing an application.
Average rating 5
I found the course study guides very helpful and I wouldn't have passed without them. Fran, Rob and my tutor Shirley went above and beyond to help and support me when I needed it.
- Pay in full today: £495.00
- 3 monthly payments: £165.00
- 6 monthly payments: £59.40
Distance Learning Centre - Self-study, online and distance learning courses
The Distance Learning Centre is one of the leading and longest established suppliers of distance learning courses, open learning, home study, and correspondence courses in the UK. Providing distance learning courses since 1994, the Distance Learning Centre has grown to...