Professional Certificate of Competency in Heating, Ventilation & Air-Conditioning
Professional Certificate of Competency in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
This course is designed for engineers and technicians from a wide range of abilities and backgrounds and will provide an excellent introduction to the fundamentals of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning. It commences with a review of psychrometric charts and then examines the factors that influence design choices, indoor air quality, load calculations and heating/ventilation and air-conditioning systems.
Numerous tips and tricks taught throughout the course make it very practical and topical to your every day applications.
Upcoming start dates
23 April, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
10 September, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Professional Certificate of Competency in Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) is suitable for practicing industry professionals looking to expand their current knowledge in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Suitable candidates include those who have practical work experience in some of these topics.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What will you learn
- Maintain and troubleshoot HVAC systems
- Understand and apply the psychrometic chart
- Design for good air quality
- Perform basic load calculations
- Initiate an effective inspection and maintenance program
- Reduce forced outages and prevent serious damage to HVAC equipment
- Provide an overview of the legislative requirements plus the essential steps and responsibilities for the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems
- Outline the technologies available for the efficient energy management using HVAC systems
- Introduction to HVAC
- Requirements of Comfort Air Conditioning
- Heating and Cooling Load Calculation Procedure
- HVAC Systems
- Variable Air Volume (VAV) systems
- Duct design, air flow and its distribution
- Insulation of Air-conditioning systems and Air-Conditioning Equipment
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Installation, Commissioning, Operation, Testing and Maintenance
- Fault finding and troubleshooting and Green House effect and Future Refrigerants
EIT courses are presented using modern delivery methods including: self-study, interactive online webinars, simulation software and self-study assignments with unlimited access to mentors and advisors.
There are 6 live, interactive classroom sessions, presented by EIT instructors.
Please contact EIT via the information request button for details of the course price in your region.
Top 10 Awards
Top 10 Winner - 2022
We're delighted to announce that Engineering Institute of Technology is a winner in the Top 10 Most Popular E-Learning Courses.
Each year, we select the top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.
Request information - obligation free
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4.8
Well organised and good instructor.
Easy access at all times to the material. Great to fit in with long working hours.
The materials are simple and easy to understand. It is fully job oriented and a high in demand course.
Engineering Institute of Technology
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is one of the only higher education providers in the world specializing in engineering and is fully accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government, giving you access to world class, industry-oriented education....