Abattoir worker - Level 2 - Apprenticeship Standard
This apprenticeship standard is Level 2 and typically takes 16 months to complete.
What an Abbatoir Worker does:
- Take responsibility for their own and others’ health and safety in the work area, including personal protective equipment (PPE) hygiene and safety
- Demonstrate basic safe and hygienic operational and maintenance practices with machinery and equipment such as cleaning, sharpening, lubrication
- Carry out lairage in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) by demonstrating techniques and skills in animal welfare, handling and
- Fulfil the requirement for accurate recording of essential information impacting on animal welfare or potential meat production quality issues
- Carry out the process of stunning, shackling and bleeding using skills and procedures that have regard for animal welfare, safety and hygienic practice
- Carry out the dressing process (flaying/skinning/scalding) using skills to avoid tears and cut damage to subcutaneous tissue and avoiding visual carcase contamination
- Carry out the process of evisceration by removing green and red offal in sequence using skills and practices that avoid where possible contamination of carcase/offal’s including carcase splitting where appropriate.
- Contribute to problem solving and the continuous improvement of abattoir operations.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for details
- In Company
Suitability - Who should attend?
Apprentices who complete the program will receive a Abattoir worker - Level 2 - Apprenticeship Standardtechnical certificate.
Level 2 qualifications are equivalent to:
- GCSE (grades A*-C)
- NVQ Level 2
Find a Registered Training Provider
Request information to connect with registered training providers who can deliver this training.
Please note this training is specifically for employers in England looking to train apprentices, not individuals looking to achieve this qualification.