Control / technical support engineer (degree) - Level 6 - Apprenticeship Standard
Assuring that manufacturing runs smoothly in areas such as site maintenance.
Set by employer. Candidates will usually have: * 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) in maths, English and a science, technology or engineering related subject * A levels at grade C or above in a maths-based subject and a science, technology, engineering or another maths-related subject (or 90+ credits in an engineering BTEC at level 3)
Apprentices will achieve a BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) in Engineering. Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
What apprentices will learn
- using and interpreting engineering data
- installation, testing and commissioning of equipment and fault diagnosis and repair
- maintaining mechanical, fluid and pneumatic power equipment
- maintaining electrical, electronic and process control equipment
- minimising machinery downtime by carrying out preventative planned maintenance
- leading complex maintenance or technical support activities
- carrying out testing and calibration of instrumentation control equipment
- academic knowledge from a relevant degree
Find a Registered Training Provider
Request information to connect with registered training providers who can deliver this training.
Please note this training is specifically for employers in England looking to train apprentices, not individuals looking to achieve this qualification.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for details
- In Company