Certificate in Insurance Company Analysis
The overall goal of this five-day certificate program is to give participants with limited exposure to insurance company financial statements a systematic approach to analyze the credit risk and financial strength of life, non-life and reinsurance companies.
With the threat of a pandemic and global recession, the potential impact on the insurance industry, either from elevated claims experience or capital market volatility, makes it essential more than ever to understand how to undertake a structured analysis of the key risks faced by both life and non-life companies.
Live Online Training
Since 2003, Fitch Learning’s industry experts have been delivering world-renowned virtual training programs to learners across the globe. Benefits include:
- World-class video conferencing technology
- Fully interactive, engage and network with peers using break out rooms, quizzes and polls
- On-hand technical support team throughout
- Attend from anywhere, across four time zones
- Save time and costs on travel
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is suitable for equity, fixed income and credit analysts, insurance company treasury offers and staff, insurance brokers and security analysts, investment managers, commercial and investment bankers, bank risk, portfolio and relationship managers, supervisors, lawyers, insurance company public relations employees, and corporate communications officers.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Credits: 40 CDP pts.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Distinguish the risks inherent in the main products offered by life, non-life (P&C) and reinsurance companies and recognize how these are reflected in the financial statements
- Understand the key components of an insurance company’s income statement, balance sheet and cashflow statement
- Recognize the impact of differing accounting standards, reserving policies and changes in external variables (such as interest rates and asset prices) on the financial statements
- Apply a structured approach to identify key risks and mitigants when transacting with insurance and reinsurance companies, and to appreciate the main methods of capital-raising by insurers
- Appreciate how economic, competitive and regulatory issues impact the risk profile, performance and financial health of an insurance company
- Understand the business and financial risks inherent in the life and non-life insurance and reinsurance industries
- Use qualitative and quantitative analysis and market indicators to distinguish strong and weak performers by sector and to detect early warning signals of deteriorating financial strength
Training Course Content
- Insurance market overview
- Types of insurance company
- Statement logic
- Accounting and Disclosures
- Ratio analysis
- Analytic overview
- Operating environment
- Macro-economic and sector issues
- Regulation and supervision
- Financial fundamentals
- Statement logic
- Business risk
- Financial fundamentals (continued)
- Performance measurement
- Financial risk
- Management and early warning signals
- Early warning signals
Why choose Fitch Learning
93% would recommend
Over 1,600 clients worldwide
Please contact the training provider via the information request form to learn more about the cost of this course.
Live Online Training Since 2003, Fitch Learning’s industry experts have been delivering world-renowned virtual training programs to learners across the globe. Benefits include: World-class video conferencing technology Fully interactive, engage and network with peers using break out rooms, quizzes and...
Find out more about this Certificate in Insurance Company Analysis course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
500 GBP-750 GBP