Animal Care Diploma
Animal care is vitally important to any pets that you own. Animals can care for themselves, but only to a certain extent! This programme is designed to assist you in understanding and identify the basic needs of an animal.
This course will teach you a fundamental understanding of animal breeds and how to pass on problems or information at an early stage to vets or owners to provide a greater deal of care. It is ideal for pet owners, pet sitters, or individuals who wish to have an in-depth introduction into the field of animal care and management.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of this Course
- Effective care planning for yours and other’s pets.
- Implement the knowledge you learn as soon as you finish the course.
- Experienced and qualified tutors available to support you throughout your cours.
- Assessments to back up knowledge as you work your way through the course.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
- How important the breed of cat is as a selection criterion
- Define whether it is possible to train a cat
- Evaluate the dangers of improper feeding to an animal’s health
- Points you should consider when buying a horse and the ideal stable
- Purposes of the correct type of grooming brush for horses
- How to handle a bird correctly
- Identify clues and symptoms if a pet is unwell
- Suitable housing for a pet rabbit
- The correct way to handle a rabbit
- Factors to consider when choosing a rabbit
- Distinguishing characteristics of reptiles and amphibians
- How you would house, feed and generally care for reptiles & amphibians
- How to care for guinea pigs, hamsters and mice
Units of Study
- Reptiles and Amphibians
- Guinea Pigs, Hamsters and Mice
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!