Animal Psychology Diploma
Pets are an important part of any family, and many families consider their pet to be an inclusive family member so understanding the psychology of your pets is an important aspect of the relationship, like it would be with any other family member.
Looking after your pet's needs and understanding them is very rewarding as it can avoid any potential setbacks and misbehaviour. This course will cover the natural instincts and behaviours of dogs, cats and other common pets. It includes domestication, and how to prevent psychiatric issues. You will also learn how pets think, learn and feel, why they exhibit certain behaviours and how to read their communication signs.
This course is ideal for anyone who is considering a career working with pets, if you're interested in learning more about animal psychology with the view to providing a service as a pet psychologist, and anyone who is a pet owner and wants a better understanding of how they think and feel.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of this Course
- Understand the behaviours and feelings of the most common household pets.
- Improve your relationship with your pet.
- Implement the knowledge you learn into a potential career working with animals.
- Post module assessments to help you track your development and back up the knowledge.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
- Have a clear knowledge of the process of domestication
- Understand how pets communicate through smell and sound
- Identify a pet’s body language
- Pet behaviours – from junior to senior years
- Common pet psychiatric challenges and solving inappropriate behaviours
- Separation anxiety, fears and phobias in pets
Units of Study
- Pet Evolution
- Dog Communication
- Canine Normal Behaviour
- Understanding Canine Actions
- Common Canine Psychiatric Challenges
- Canine Anxiety, Fear and Aggression
- Cat Communication
- Feline Normal Behaviour
- Understanding Feline Actions
- Common Feline Psychiatric Challenges
- Feline Anxiety, Fear and Aggression
- Rabbit Psychology
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!