Electrical Safety ManagementThe Institution of Engineering and Technology - IET
Electrical Safety Management
All available course dates
Electrical Safety Management course
Poor electrical safety can be lethal! You could be looking at extensive litigation, huge fines and even prosecution if a workplace electrical incident is shown to have been preventable.
This two-day course based on the IET’s Code of Practice for Electrical Safety Management provides a comprehensive guide to the fundamentals of electrical safety and a systematic set of principles for assessing and managing electrical safety relevant to any business, sector and country.
Every organisation large or small, should review their electrical safety management to make sure you:
- Know that all your key risks are being managed
- Structure your policies and procedures so that everyone can easily understand them
- Have the confidence to manage risk effectively
Suitability - Who should attend?
The event is aimed at those working in manufacturing, construction and service industries, including the following job titles:
- Electrical engineers, electricians and electrical fitters
- Production managers
- Health and safety officers
- Facilities managers
- Construction project managers and site managers
What is the purpose of this course?
Electrical safety in organisations is often the responsibility of non-electrically qualified staff, such as facilities managers, risk managers or health and safety officers who have not had systematic training in how to prevent electrical hazards in the workplace.
These hazards can range from any employee or visitor being injured by malfunctioning electrical equipment through to professional mechanics and electricians or external contractors carrying out tasks without adequate instruction or supervision.
Even qualified electrical engineers may not be fully aware of all the technical safety advice available which is relevant to the job or organisation where they are working.
What is covered on the course?
This two-day course is based on the IET’s Code of Practice for Electrical Safety Management.
In-depth interactive sessions are designed to show Participants how to recognise good practice and assess how their organisation compares. Examples and case studies will aid Participant understanding.
Key benefits of attending:
- Avoid production / project costs and delays from stoppages caused by electrical-related accidents
- Prevent personal death or injury, associated costs and reputation damage from litigation resulting from poor electrical safety practices
- Understand how good electrical safety management can identify and reduce workplace risks
- Consider the importance of all aspects of the electrical safety system
- Learn how to create an electrical safety management plan for your own organisation
- Gain confidence in your own expertise to ensure that you actively reduce the risk of workplace accidents
- Receive a copy of the Code of Practice for Electrical Safety Management as part of your registration fee
Why choose The Institution of Engineering and Technology - IET
Over 50 e-learning and e-classes available for individuals and businesses
Expert course content from leaders in their fields
Professional skills and technical topic area courses available
The Institution of Engineering and Technology
The IET provides world-class training for engineers at all career stages. From soft skills and professional development courses to technical subjects across multiple industry areas, we have the course that you need. At this unprecedented time, distance and e-learning has...
Find out more about this Electrical Safety Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
495 GBP-1,705 GBP