Learn advanced copywriting techniques that engage and sell. Improve your copy with insights into how people read and what motivates them to act. You'll leave with practical tips and knowledge that will enable you to apply your writing skills, whatever the context.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for you if you are required to write effective, focused copy to communicate, inform and sell products or services.
Previous participants include:
- Marketing Manager (Gladstone)
- Direct Marketing Executive (Concern Worldwide)
- Copywriter (Ice Blue Marketing and Design)
- Marketing Assistant (Pitney Bowes International)
Enrol onto ‘Copywriting Masterclass’ course and receive the ‘DMA Copywriting Guide’. The guide has been devised by numerous marketing industry experts. It will help you understand how to do one-to-one marketing the right way.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will learn to:
- Understand the science of how people read copy and use it to your advantage
- Define and articulate the real value in a sales proposition
- Use both emotional and rational drivers to compel and persuade
- Structure and adapt your copy to work effectively in both digital and offline media
- Ensure graphics, images and typography work with your copy, not against it
Training Course Content
The science behind how people read and react to your copy
- Why 90% of your direct marketing output hits the bin within five seconds
- How to use eye-track management and fixing points to boost results
- The importance of customer-centricity and how to apply it in your copy
- Using universal interests to gain reader attention
- Harnessing emotional drivers to motivate more people to respond and buy
- How to use visual language so that you show rather than just tell
How to define and articulate the full value of your propositions
- Understanding the TRUE nature of value propositions
- How to choose the type of proposition that will resonate best with your audience
- The reasoning techniques and structures that work best in direct marketing
- The proven formula that adds up to a sale
- Why headlines are so important in direct and digital marketing
- The top headline types explored in their order of their effectiveness
Copywriting best practice: practical tips and advice
- How to achieve personalisation with very little customer knowledge
- The importance of adopting the right tone and language
- Understanding the power of sub-heads, images and captions
- Long copy or short copy: what works best, when and why?
- Using “Power” words and avoiding “Spoiler” words
- Tips that boost response and copy disasters you need to avoid
How to adapt your copy to work effectively in digital and offline media
- The vital difference between push marketing and pull marketing
- How the way people consume web copy changes the way we write it
- Writing short-form copy for direct marketing and emails
- How to create subject lines that get more of your emails opened and read
- Social media: getting your focus and copy structure right
- Template for reviewing your own and other people’s copy
Course delivery details
Virtual Classroom: Tutor-led, live, online classroom environments
The IDM Virtual Classroom is face-to-face, peer-to-peer learning – in the digital world. It lets you keep learning, wherever you are, and to connect with others, no matter the distance.
The IDM’s Virtual Classroom offers:
- An interactive classroom environment
- Peer-to-peer collaboration
- An engaging platform experience
- Practical learning through hands-on exercises
- Online access anywhere you can get an internet connection
Courses are structured in a time-friendly format consisting of three to four sessions per day, broken up into 60 to 90 minutes of learning, instead of the conventional approach of listening to lectures and notetaking.
Before starting your course, you’ll receive joining instructions outlining any technical requirements, plus a unique login link via Zoom.
Why choose Institute of Data & Marketing
Over 30 years experience as a leading awarding body for qualifications in data & digital marketing
Over 100,000 people have attended our courses
Over 15,000 marketers have earned a professional certification with us
Average rating 4.8
I really enjoyed this course. I learned all about all forms of copy and have utilised it further in my current position at work. I look forward to using these copywriting skills...
I took a lot away from the Copywriting Masterclass - more than I expected to, considering it was a one day course.
Paul was a fantastic teacher. I have learnt so much today I'm thrilled with the new knowledge I am leaving with. Thank you IDM! I would highly recommend this course.
Members: £400 + VAT
Non-members: £450 + VAT
Institute of Data and Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...