Fashion Design Distance Learning Course - Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma
This distance learning Fashion Design course is designed to develop the skills necessary design and market fashion garments within the context of creating a small business. With exclusively online delivery, participants will benefit from the following:
- A curriculum designed together with industry experts
- Self-paced study - study whenever, wherever
- No assignment deadlines
- Complete the course in months or in 3 years
- Gain access to a tutor working in the fashion industry
- Spare the commute and save time
Course length and study mode
This course is available in 3 levels of completion. The average time within which students complete studies is:
- Certificate Level - 14 weeks
- Diploma Level - 24 weeks
- Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Fashion Design course is ideally suites to individuals who wish to either start their own fashion business or work for a leading fashion label.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course is available as a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level course.
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of this course, participants will receive:
- A graduation certificate which recognises successful completion of studies and qualifications as a fashion designer
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipFDsgn
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
Training Course Content
This Fashion Design course will include the following content:
- Fashion and Design Process: Aims to teach the student the basics of garment design and different categories of design and fashion.
- Fashion Design skills: Either sketching by hand or via a computer aided design programme, courses will concentrate on how to plan and execute your design.
- Careers in fashion design: How to develop and launch a successful career in fashion.
- Starting your own Business: How to develop your own fashion design business
- Marketing Techniques: Evaluation of techniques used in to market your new fashion business
The cost of this fashion design course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
Participants have the opportunity to pay for this course in instalments as low as £25 per week. All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!