Are you new to the interpreting industry and would like some guidance and help from a tutor to achieve a formal qualification, as well as a mock exam to test your skills?
Then the Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting Exam is perfect for you!
Once you have passed the application process, the course has a 14 day money-back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied – another reason to sign up today and begin your new career.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting is suitable for learners with the following profile:
- Interpreters already working in a community interpreter role and now require a Level 3 interpreting qualification
- Experienced interpreters who now require a formal qualification to work on public sector assignments
- Linguists who are new to the industry and would prefer to get some tutoring before taking the exam.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
ICQ (I Can Qualify)
Training Course Content
- The Level 3 Interpreting exam is an online assessment which you sit from the comfort of your own home
- Nationally recognised Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting qualification for your chosen language
- Fee of £25 for registration and £60 for certification claim applicable.
- This Level 3 assessment is suitable for bilingual/multilingual people who speak English and another language fluently and feel they have enough interpreting experience and/or have completed relevant preparatory training. The online Level 3 assessment is a remote exam-only qualification. It is designed to demonstrate competence as an interpreter.
- You will have access to a set of online materials to help you prepare independently.
- You will also have regular sessions with a tutor who can answer any questions about the course or interpreting in general.
- Finally, you will take part in a mock exam and obtain feedback on your performance.
- For those who prefer to study independently, we offer theLevel 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting (exam only)
Course delivery details
You have a maximum of 6 months from the date of purchase to sit the Level 3 interpreting exam. The preparation course and mock exam sections will take roughly 12 weeks to complete.
Method of Assessment Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting
Learners will take an online exam consisting of Unit 1 (role play) and Unit 2 (sight translation from English to the target language). Exams are conducted remotely and take place once a month.
Why choose International School of Linguists Ltd
UK's leading provider of interpreting and translation training, qualifications, and CPD courses
50+ world languages covered
Exams are run monthly for all levels
Average rating 5
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the relentless efforts with me, you are always there when I needed help because I have learnt a lot . Of course I expe...
‘I have recently completed Community Interpreting Level 3. I wanted to thank you ISL team for absolutely fantastic and extremely informative course, your help and support. My tu...
The Level 3 interpreting qualification will enable you to work as a professional interpreter in community settings such as the following:
- Mental Health
- Social Services
- Welfare & Benefits
- Ministry of Justice (standard assignments)
Upon successful completion of Level 3 Certificate in Community Interpreting, you can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 6 Diploma in Community Interpreting
- Level 6 DPSI (Diploma in Public Service Interpreting)
- Partial DPSI
International School of Linguists Ltd
The International School of Linguists is an accredited Training Centre with over a decade of experience in delivering remote interpreting and translation qualifications to linguists in the UK and abroad. All of our courses are Ofqual registered and accepted by...