AAT Advanced (Level 3) - Distance Learning
The Advanced Diploma in Accounting covers a range of complex accounting tasks, including maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns.
You’ll learn and master a number of accounting disciplines including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants. Using our Distance Learning study method, you can study at your own pace. The course includes periodic knowledge checks and progress monitoring to help keep you on track.
Kaplan offers 12 month interest-free payment plans to help you spread the cost of your course. If your employer is paying for the course, be sure to select 'Invoice my employer' at checkout.
Suitability - Who should attend?
It is ideally suited for someone who has completed the Level 2 Foundation Certificate, someone who perhaps works in an accounts department at an intermediate level and wants to develop their accounting skills or someone who is looking to change their career. It is also an excellent A Level alternative.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advanced Diploma in Accounting
Training Course Content
The AAT Advanced Diploma consists of five subjects:
- Advanced Bookkeeping (AVBK) - You’ll learn how to apply the principles of advanced double entry bookkeeping. You’ll prepare depreciation calculations, period-end adjustments and learn how to extend the trial balance.
- Final Accounts Preparation (FAPR) - You’ll learn how to prepare final accounts for sole traders and partnerships, identify alternative organisation structures, and examine the regulations governing company accounts.
- Management Accounting: Costing (MMAC) - You’ll develop the knowledge and skills to understand the role of cost and management accounting in an organisation and understand how organisations use this information to make management decisions.
- Indirect Tax (IDRX) - You’ll examine and apply VAT legislation requirements, complete VAT returns, and study the implications of errors, late filing and payment, and how to report VAT related information.
- Advanced Synoptic Assessment (AVSY) - You’ll study the relevance of ethics in accountancy and learn about unethical behaviour or illegal acts in your accounting role. You will also learn the relevant spreadsheet skills and techniques which Accounting Technicians will use on a daily basis by incorporating the knowledge you have learnt from AVBK, FAPR and MMAC.
Skills gained include:
- The importance of professional ethics in the working environment
- Use of spreadsheets to manage information in the accounting environment
- Analysing variances
- Reconciling ledgers
- Making provisions for doubtful and irrecoverable debts
£1156 for the full level, including 20% discount and VAT
Kaplan Financial - The UK's leader in financial, accountancy and business training
Kaplan, part of Kaplan, Inc is the UK’s leading global provider of diverse education and training. Programmes include professional accountancy and financial training,vocational qualifications and Apprenticeships,financial markets,postgraduate and undergraduate degrees. Kaplan combines 70 years of educational and learning excellence with...
Find out more about this AAT Advanced (Level 3) - Distance Learning course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!