Alcohol at Work Awareness Certificate Online Training Course
Alcohol is not harmful when consumed in moderation, but the effects of alcohol abuse and dependency can be severe. Problatic drinking not only affects an individual's private life, but can also have a detrimental impact on their performance at work. This can result in decreased productivity, low morale and high absence rates. 7% of adults regularly exceed recommended safe limits for alcohol consumption. This means that most organisations will ploy workers with problatic drinking habits at some point and it is best to prepare in advance for the possibility that an ployee may at some stage require help to overcome their alcohol abuse or addiction.Alcohol abuse is a sensitive subject and ployers may feel ill-prepared to approach and assist ployees who need help.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You Will Learn:
- What alcohol misuse and addiction are, why problematic drinking has negative effects on both an employee and their organisation and why employers have a legal duty to address alcohol abuse in the workplace.
- Why every employer needs to draw up a comprehensive alcohol policy and the key issues to consider when putting together a policy document.
- How to spot signs of alcohol abuse in the workplace, how to approach an employee who misuses alcohol and the support an employee may require during treatment.
- Why some workers are more likely than others to abuse alcohol, how a working environment can contribute to alcohol misuse and the role of screening in the workplace.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
- If you are in a supervisory role, you will benefit from learning how to identify the most common signs of alcohol abuse in your team.
- If you work in an HR role, this course will provide you with valuable background information regarding alcohol abuse. This will help you offer support to employees who engage in problematic drinking.
- If you are in a management or HR role, you will benefit from the opportunity to learn how to put together an effective alcohol policy.
- If you are considering a career in occupational health, this course will provide you with a useful introduction to the impact of alcohol on employees and organisations.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Why Employers Need to Think About Alcohol at Work
- Module 2: The Elements of a Good Alcohol Policy
- Module 3: How to Help Employees Who Misuse Alcohol
- Module 4: Preventing Problematic Drinking in the Workplace
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...