This course on ˜Body Language' is designed to help you understand the different aspects of body language so that you are able to use the information to your personal and professional advantage. In addition, you can also consider using the knowledge to train others in the understanding of body language.
Actions truly speak louder than words and it is possible to convey volumes of meaning without uttering a single syllable in the process. Body language is an intricate subject and detailed insights described in the course reveal the secrets of successful communication. Learning the nuances of body language can not only help you connect better with your co-workers, but can also help reduce conflict and improve your skills in negotiation as well as customer interactions.
In addition, becoming more aware of the subtle cues associated with gestures, expressions and position can also help us improve self-awareness. We become more aware of how our communications are perceived by others. As a result, we are more likely to enjoy more fulfilling and loving personal relationships with family members, friends and other loved ones.
Paying attention to body language and gestures can help us discern between truthful and untruthful communications. If you work or volunteer in a field that involves interaction with disabled or autistic individuals, interpretation of body language can help you forge closer and more understanding relationships with your students or patients.
What you will learn
The course offers information, insights and explanations regarding the following:
- The fundamentals of body language and its importance in our everyday lives in terms of business and personal relationships.
- The impact of cultural differences on the understanding and interpretation of body language.
- Understanding one's own body language and the unspoken communication that we tend to convey through our gestures, postures and expressions.
- You will also be able to identify signs that indicate lying or concealing behaviours. This will help you further improve your ability to interact on a professional as well as personal level.
- As you learn to identify negative body language, you will gradually eliminate these gestures or posture. You will be able to adopt a more mindful attitude towards body language.
- Body language plays a crucial role when it comes to attending job interviews, negotiating a business deal or interacting with customers. The course will explain how to improve the likelihood of business or job success by using the correct body language.
- In addition to work situations, body language also plays an integral role in personal relationships and development. The course will describe different interpretations of body language and the impact on interpersonal communication.
Body language is often a decisive factor that determines the overall effect of communication in professional as well as personal situations. Research indicates that most of our communication is influenced by subtle body language signals compared to actual spoken words.
Benefits of the Body Language course
By completing the course on body language, you can expect the following benefits:
- Decrease the likelihood of conflicts that arise from misunderstanding others or being misunderstood.
- Look forward to becoming a more established and effective communicator.
- Improve your chances of business or job success.
- The ability to study from home, or anywhere with a convenient internet connection.
- Study at a pace that is comfortable for you. Since there is no time limit for this course, you will complete your studies, regardless of how long it takes you.
- The ability to easily manage modules and understand course structure.
- Convenient online support available while you train.
- A certified and recognised certificate upon successful course completion.
Who can take the course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don't pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1 : Introduction to Body Language
- Module 2: Dimensions and Attributes
- Module 3 : Basics of Body Language (Part I)
- Module 4: Basics of Body Language (Part II)
- Module 5: Hand Gestures and Introduction to Handshakes
- Module 6 : Different Types of Handshakes and Crossed Arm Postures
- Module 7 : Eye Signals and Eye Contact
- Module 8 : Gestures and Postures that Reveal Deceit and Lies
- Module 9 : Body Language for Career Success
- Module 10: Cross-Cultural Interpretations of Body Language, Common Gestures and Postures in Daily Life
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...
Find out more about this Body Language Diploma Training Course course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
275 GBP-415 GBP