Equality, Diversity & Discrimination Online Training Course
The law on equality, diversity and discrimination has changed in recent years. Public bodies and businesses alike are now required to take steps to ensure that they do not treat people in any of nine protected categories unfairly, and legislation has defined six types of discrimination that employers have a responsibility to guard against.
Whether you are an employee or a business owner, this course will serve as a useful introduction to the subject and will raise your awareness of the issues around it.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
What's Covered in the Course?
- What is meant by each of the words “equality”, “diversity” and “discrimination”.
- Some of the different types of discrimination and the meaning of positive action.
- The difference between positive action and positive discrimination.
- How our own values and beliefs come to be and how they impact on the way we treat others.
- How institutional discrimination can become embedded in organisations and how it can be reversed.
- The implications of the Equality Act 2010 on businesses and individuals.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will develop an understanding of the broad scope of the Equality Act and some of the obligations that it places on businesses and individuals.
- You will discover how to make your own workplace more inclusive.
- You will learn how to spot the various types of discrimination.
- If you work for, or run a business in the UK, or you intend to do either, then this course will help you to understand these issues, comply with the law and foster a happier, more collaborative workplace.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: What do we Mean by Equality, Diversity and Discrimination?
- Module 2: Discrimination and Positive Action
- Module 3: How we are Influenced
- Module 4: Institutional Discrimination and its Opposite – Inclusion
- Module 5: Implications for Businesses
Course delivery details
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Why choose Learning247
Gain a New Qualification - Get a verifiable qualification with Learning247 and improve your career prospects. Most of our courses CPD Accredited.
Wide Range of Courses - With over 800+ courses to choose from you're sure to find a course that interests you.
Study Anywhere & Any time - All of our online courses can be studied from your PC, MacBook , tablet or smart phone device.
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...