Introduction to Contract ManagementPTP Training & Marketing Ltd
Introduction to Contract Management
In this age of austerity and financial cut-backs, managing contracts effectively is vital for the success of any organisation, whether in the public, private or voluntary sector.
The aim of this one-day course is to enable those who are either new to a contract management role or who find themselves currently in a contract management position, to hone and develop their skills to manage contracts more effectively.
The course focuses on how to address poor performance using common contractual remedies and how to effect change and variation through contract mechanisms; We will explore what skills and knowhow are necessary to incentivise performance in accordance with the contract specification. Practical tips and knowhow will be passed on to enable you to fully utilise the range of options available to incentivise performance and drive out value for money.
The course will highlight contract management best practice and will invite participants to contribute their own experience to further develop and enshrine appropriate contract management styles and techniques.
The Contract Management Skills Course is available throughout the UK
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Contracts for the supply of goods and services are significant assets in their own right but they need to be carefully managed to drive out optimum efficiency.
Through attending this course participants will secure a thorough understanding of the following:
- Current best practise for managing contracts and driving efficiency to deliver value for money;
- Development of key skills required to obtain results and achieve organisational objectives through better contract management approaches
- An insight into how and what skills and resources are needed to manage contracts across the term of a contract
- Advice and assistance on how to prioritise and determine the right approach depending on type and nature of contracts
- An understanding of the risks of supplier default and what steps might be available to provide a remedy for well managed and resourced contracts.
- Practical help and guidance on best practice.
Training Course Content
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Course Objectives
- 10:00 - 10:30 What are the Core Principles of Good Contract Management?
- 10:30 - 11:00 How can we harness efficiency and secure value for money through managing contracts well?
- 11:00 - 11:15 Coffee
- 11:15 - 12:30 Key Contract Management Tools: How do I get the best from my staff to deliver contracts effectively? Are the right people with the right skills in place throughout the contract term?
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 - 14:30 Understanding the contract and associated mechanisms e.g. how the payment regime works Variation and change; what the key deliverables are and what the timetables are for delivery; who does what by when?
- 14:30 - 15:00 Key Management Roles and responsibilities: Communications - Who monitors what and how often; what are the remedies for poor/non-performance; What was specified and is performance meeting, exceeding the spec?
- 15:00 - 15:15 Tea
- 15:15 - 16:00 Understanding and managing risk in the context of a contract – what are the escalation processes if things go wrong? What are the exit routes? What are the remedies and costs of early termination?
- 16:00 - 16:30 Summary & Action Plans Agreed
Fee includes all course materials, participant packs, certification and lunch
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Introduction to Contract Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!