Introduction to OD: Organisational Development Essentials
OD essentials is a one-day programme which explores the fundamentals of OD, its history and the nature of OD practice. The programme provides an introduction to the function of OD and the role of the OD practitioner; including the key skills, knowledge and mindsets needed to become one.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This programme is for you if:
- You identify as working within the field of OD but aren’t yet comfortable with being called an ‘OD Practitioner’
- You are in the field of HR or learning and development and want to understand your development needs within the context of an OD role
- You are manager or leader leading change projects and are curious about how OD can help you in managing the change management process
- You are simply curious about understanding what organisational development is and how it is used in organisations.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Benefits for the Participant
At end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Describe the underpinning principles, practice, aims and values of OD, in relation to yourself and your context.
- Understand and reflect on your OD Role and your current levels of knowledge and experience.
- Increase knowledge of the different levels at which an OD Practitioner can intervene and appropriate application of a variety of intervention methods.
- Explore OD in the context of culture, patterns and your organisation.
Benefits for the Organisation
Participants will return to their organisation with an understanding of organisational development in practice to help them lead change projects or grow their practice in an OD role.
Training Course Content
History of OD
- Describe the foundational principles, aims and values of OD practice
- Define OD for you and your context
- Identify any gaps in application of the OD Cycle
My Role in OD
- Reflect on where you are now as an OD practitioner and how you want to develop
- Examine unconscious bias and the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda in relation to our practice
Levels and Types of Interventions
- Identify and examine the levels at which you intervene in your current organisation
- Demonstrate understanding of a range of OD interventions and appropriate use of facilitation as a key method
Adaptive Action in OD
- Demonstrate an understanding of organisational culture
- Identify and articulate patterns within your culture
Course delivery details
- Online option is a series of four 90 minute digital learning sessions. Virtual sessions will begin at 9am (BST).
Module One: 2 March 2021
Module Two: 3 March 2021
Module Three: 9 March 2021
Module Four: 11 March 2021
Module One: 8 June 2021
Module Two: 11 June 2021
Module Three: 15 June 2021
Module Four: 18 June 2021
Average rating 4.5
I found the experience really positive and helpful. I was already beginning to shape a rough idea of OD so it was great to be able to listen to others insights and share this p...
These guys are the leaders when it comes to OD. Love their thinking and approaches.