Risk Based Compliance Monitoring under the FCA (Live Online) - In House Training
Today, Compliance managers are under more pressure than ever to make sure they are targeting risks, and resources, as effectively as possible and adapting their monitoring to the changing regulatory environment. Yet despite their best efforts, many firms continue to face action or have significant failures of controls. Monitoring is too often approached as a mechanistic task focused on rote compliance, not the “outcomes” on which the FCA is focused.
Through extensive use of practical examples, attending will help Compliance and Monitoring professionals identify the principle compliance risks in their business and design and execute a risk based compliance monitoring plan accordingly.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- In Company
- United Kingdom
Enquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
This focused workshop has been designed to help less experienced Compliance and Monitoring staff develop their capabilities and skills and for more seasoned Compliance Managers to refresh and update their approach. It will also be of benefit to Risk and Audit professionals who wish to improve their knowledge of compliance risk management.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD hours: 6
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of your controls to the regulator
- Effectively identify, categorise and prioritise compliance risks
- Explore the use of Key Indicators for risks and controls
- Examine monitoring techniques (desk based, exception reporting, systems, visits); and know how to select the most appropriate option
- Determine when to escalate issues and change monitoring levels
- Construct a comprehensive compliance monitoring plan that will prioritise risks and drive out resource requirements, leveraging FCA tools like the “Conduct Risk Framework/Journey”
- Tailor your reporting to different groups to make sure critical messages are received and understood
- Keep your programme up to date: respond to monitoring results emerging regulatory hot spots
- Develop both your technical monitoring and ‘softer’ skills set: establishing credibility, obtaining buy-in, managing resistance
Course delivery details
The course programme will comprise a blend of trainer presentations, group discussion, practical examples and case studies. There will be ample opportunity for questions, experience sharing and networking. All course materials (and at face-to-face events, refreshments and lunch) will be provided.
Corporate Training Partnerships
CTP are a specialist training company serving the financial services sector since 2002. Our clients include both dual (FCA and PRA) regulated and solo (FCA) regulated firms. Fully independent with no consulting or technology arms or products, no third party...