GMRA 2000 - Repo Documentation
With a value of over EUR 7 trillion in outstanding repo contracts, repos are a critical aspect of business.
This one day in-house course is designed to provide participants with a detailed overview of the Global Master Repurchase Agreement (2000). Delegates will receive an introduction to the repo market, the types of products which can be traded on it and the legal and risk issues which affect it. Following which the GMRA 2000 and its provisions will be covered in detail, including the primary differences between the 2000 and 2011 versions of the GMRA.
The choice between practical exercises and the opportunity to analyse and discuss your organisation's own Annex I to the GMRA 2000 are available.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This in-house training course is ideally suited to teams and companies whose members include:
- Legal Counsel
- Documentation specialists
- Treasury staff
- Risk managers
- Middle Office & Back Office Managers
- Collateral management specialists
Training Course Content
This in-house training course will include the following content:
- The nature of and types of repo
- What is a repo?
- How do they work?
- Types of repo
- Typical repo uses
- From the seller's perspective
- From the buyer's perspective
- Use by central banks
- Differences between repos and buy/sellbacks
- Legal issues affecting repos
- Nature of the transaction
- Ownership of the securities
- Drawbacks of recharacterisation as a secured loan
- ICMA legal opinions
- Repo documentation
- Key differences between the GMRA 2000 and the GMRA 2011.
- History of the TBMA/ISMA Global Master Repurchase Agreement (2000)
- Contents of the GMRA 2000
- Detailed analysis of the GMRA 2000**
- GMRA 2000 Annexes
- Study of relevant Annexes of the client's choice
7. Practical negotiation exercise or review of the client's own Annex I to the GMRA 2000.
**Accounts for 75% of the course.
Derivatives Documentation Limited offers competitive pricing for all in-house training.
Derivatives Documentation Limited
Derivatives Documentation Limited ("DDL") is a family business with a wealth of OTC derivatives and repo and securities lending legal documentation expertise. We were founded in 1996 to fill a shortage of temporary ISDA Master Agreement negotiators for overstretched documentation...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this An Introduction to Repo Documentation (GMRA 2000) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!