What does Leadership mean to you? What does Assertiveness mean to you? How do these two terms work together to help you lead your team? Do your team members associate Assertiveness with bossiness and rudeness? This engaging and fast-moving course gives you a real opportunity for you to truly explore leadership and the impact of different behaviours on productivity; we’ll deal with assertiveness, change your mindset and demonstrate its impact on your team’s productivity.
With a focus on your participation, we will explore various behaviour patterns, the process of disagreeing gracefully and the communication skills required in order to be able to lead in an assertive way and to deliver an assertive decision without consequential dramas. We will also discover what goes on in the mind of a recipient of assertive behaviour and the importance of understanding and accepting different communication styles.
Additionally, we’ll explore brand leadership and what it involves, we’ll discover what goes on in the mind of a leader, the importance of self-motivation and understanding when a leader’s assertiveness crosses the thin line to becoming rude and inappropriate.
Find out how leadership and management differ – and how it can benefit your business!
Suitability - Who should attend?
Leaders of all levels and organisations
Training Course Content
This invaluable course gives you an excellent opportunity to gain a true understanding and appreciation of Assertiveness, Leadership behaviour, their elements and its effect on employees.
In this fascinating insight, you will learn about the different elements of communication and how different people perceive Assertiveness differently and why. You will also learn how emotions play a huge part in encouragement and engagement of individuals.
Being a leader doesn’t mean, “my way or the highway” but it does means you support your decision and actions by demonstrating assertively the effect, while always remaining respectful towards other people’s points of view and feelings.
You will also come away from this course armed with skills to recognise brand leadership values and ways to develop your brand for success.
- Explain what Assertiveness is
- What Leadership means for you
- List benefits of being an assertive leader in life
- Qualities of an assertive leader
- Assertiveness comes with knowledge
- Leadership Brand Values
- Brand and Culture
- Strengths based leadership
- Describe the liberation cycle of assertiveness for a leader
- Describe various behaviour patterns
- Compare passive, assertive and aggressive leader
- Managing Building Blocks
- The 4 steps of Communication
- Describe the various skills for assertiveness
- Explain the process of disagreeing gracefully and explain the 4 steps to saying “No” to your team
- Body language of a leader
- Communication styles and explain the elements of assertive communication
- The action plan for building assertiveness
- Be assertive but do not forget to be a welcoming leader
- Inside the minds of an assertive leader
- Emotional Intelligence, assertiveness and leadership
- Emotional management
- Neutral zone
- Self awareness, assertiveness and leadership
- Empathy and leadership
- How we give assertive feedback and the Feed Forward model
- Blocks to listening
- Commitment wheel
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Diomas Learning Solutions
A dynamic and forward-thinking boutique consultancy, we provide executive staffing, bespoke learning solutions and consultancy services to the private and public sectors. The Diomas Group was founded by Stavros Vathistas and Brad Kenworthy, who have over 30 collective years’ experience in the private and public...
Find out more about this Assertive Leadership course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!