On this programme you’ll get valuable and practical insights into a range of L&D areas, such as identifying development needs, as well as designing, evaluating and delivering effective L&D activities. You’ll be supported throughout by a specialised facilitator from the industry, and you will also receive a host of other fantastic benefits that you won’t find elsewhere. These include:
- in-depth support from your facilitator to pinpoint your specific needs and requirements
- quality online learning designed for you to access at times to suit you, such as on your lunch breaks or on your commute,
- top quality training venues in easy to reach locations with lunch included,
- complimentary access to the award-winning DPG community, not just while you’re on the programme, but also for life. This means that you can stay up to date with the latest developments, get support from your peers and read L&D publications from some of our community experts
Suitability - Who should attend?
If you’re just starting out in your L&D career or have one to two years’ experience as an L&D Administrator or Officer, then this programme is right for you.
The aim of the programme is to provide you with a thorough grounding on the basics of L&D and an understanding of L&D principals.
With this programme you can choose to use your current or past employer as the basis for your study or if you’re completely new to L&D you can choose our unique immersive case study environment (DPG are the only CIPD Centre that offers this), so you get to practice risk free in a virtual online company.
There are no entry requirements for this programme and it’s suitable for you if you’ve not been in a learning environment for a while, because you get all the support you need along the way to guarantee you’re successful.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Start your journey to becoming an Associate Member of the CIPD with a Foundation Level 3 CIPD programme.
The diploma programme covers all the typical aspects of an L&D practitioner role, each of which is a specific CIPD unit. These include:
- L&D and the Organisation– To be an effective L&D practitioner you need to understand the organisation in which you operate and the external factors which impact on it.
- Identifying L&D needs and Becoming an effective L&D practitioner– In this unit you will explore how learning and development needs arise and why it is important to be aware of them. You will develop a deep understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required by effective L&D practitioners.
- Designing L&D activities and Evaluating learning activities– This unit helps you to develop the knowledge and skills required to effectively design learning and development activities. You will develop your understanding of the importance of evaluating and the different approaches that can be used.
- Delivering L&D activities– This unit directs you through the essential stages of preparing for and delivering an effective L&D activity
- Enhancing Learner Engagement (Diploma Only)– You’ll further develop your understanding of the psychological basis of learning and how to deliver L&D solutions that maximise engagement throughout the earning process.
- Supporting Individual Learning through Coaching and Mentoring (Diploma Only)– This unit enables you to develop the knowledge and skills required to provide coaching and mentoring support.
If you’re being funded by your employer, full payment of the programme is needed before your first workshop. Our helpful programme advisers can help you build a business case for your employer, outlining the benefits of studying a CIPD qualification.
If you're a self-funder, there are a variety of flexible payment plans including 0% interest for 12 months. For a personalised payment plan, please call one of our programme advisors who can talk you through all your options.
DPG offers the CIPD Intermediate Level 5 in L&D.
Are you looking to develop your career in Learning & Development, Human Resources (HR) or Management? By developing your skills and knowledge you increase your chance of promotion and can boost your earning potential. With DPG you have everything you need to have...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!