Getting CASS right | Leading from the Top
With continued focus from the FCA and the ever-expanding scope of the Senior Managers’ and Certification Regime (SMCR), the importance of CASS Culture and Governance is all too prevalent.
This purpose-built 2-day course aims not only to highlight to Senior Executives and Managers, the importance of embedding a CASS Culture through leadership from the top, but aims to provide such professionals with a step-by-step guide to facilitating same within the context of their respective organisation’s operational and business models. Incorporating real-life case studies, scenario-based challenges and break-out sessions, this course is designed to provide participants with a clear view of what exactly CASS Culture and Best Practice looks like and their role in achieving same.
This course will provide participants with a clear understanding of:
- The CASS rules and where they fit within your organisation
- CASS roles and responsibilities – direct and indirect
- CASS at the Board level
- Lines of Defence and Separation of Functions
- Personal Accountability and Liability
- CASS Culture – Best Practice
- CASS Governance – Best Practice
- Key CASS Challenges
- The impact of the Senior Managers’ and Certification Regime
- Importance of Board engagement re: CASS
- CASS Resourcing
- Improve your ability to Interpret CASS rules and identify breaches
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Board Members
- CF10a / CASS Operational Oversight Officer / Operations Managers
- Senior Compliance Managers
Training Course Content
- “With Great Power comes Great Responsibility”:
o CASS in Context: Sanctions against Individuals
o CASS Culture: “Not so Pink; Not so Fluffy”
o CASS Culture: embedding from the top
o CASS Governance Framework: The Basics
- Risk Analysis
- CASS Resolution Pack
- CASS Risk and Rules Mapping
- CASS Governance Framework: The Players
- The Board
- The Executive
- CASS Operational Oversight Officer
- The CASS Community
- The other Lines of Defence
o The Senior Managers’ Regime (SMCR)
- “Firms can Delegate but they cannot Abdicate Responsibility”
o CASS Governance Framework: The Pieces
- CASS Management Team
- Weekly Meetings
- Audit Trail Essentials
- CASS Breach/Near Miss Management and Reporting
- Management Information
- FCA Communications
- Third Party Oversight
- The importance of Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- CASS Due Diligence
- CASS Audit
- Accessing Third Party Documentation
- The Aviva Case
With over ten years experience helping organisations to build high performing risk and compliance teams, FourthLine Learning was launched to help risk professionals and teams to improve performance, navigate market complexities and make critical decisions more effectively. Our FourthLine Learning...
Find out more about this Getting CASS right | Leading from the Top course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!