Microsoft Access 2013 - Beginner to Advanced
Learn the skills you need from Access experts
Microsoft Access 2013 is the number one database application in the world and is designed to make databases easier to create and use. It’s essentially used to store a set of information, query that information, build easy-to-use graphical interfaces, and create reports on the stored data.
On this course, provided by Global Edulink who offer the world’s best online education all in one place, you are taken step-by-step through the software by qualified trainers who are specialists in their field of work. We make it easy for you to understand how to use the software, from the fundamental aspects such as setting up tables, inputting and manipulating table data, and generating reports, through to advanced skills such as carrying out mail merges, entering data using macros, creating and designing forms, and generating queries and reports.
Many businesses use Microsoft Access, from small one-person enterprises to large, multinational corporations, because it’s easy to maintain and requires very little infrastructure to support. Understanding Access is vital to real-world database use and our course will provide you with the skills required to help advance your career.
Begin your learning with us today.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Those with technical roles within the IT industry
- Professionals who design and programme system-level software such as database systems, operating systems, and embedded systems
- Project-based technical analysts and engineers
- Technical support personnel
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Microsoft Access 2013 – Beginner to Advanced
Training Course Content
------------ BEGINNER ------------
1. INTRODUCTION TO ACCESS 2013
- Orientation to Microsoft Access
- Simple Access Database
- Get Help in Microsoft Access
2. TABLE DATA
- Modify Table Data
- Sort and Filter Records
- Create Lookups
3. QUERYING A DATABASE
- Join Data from Different Tables in a Query
- Sort and Filter Data in a Query
- Calculations in a Query
4. ADVANCED QUERIES
- Parameter Queries
- Action Queries
- Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
- Summarize Data
5. GENERATING REPORTS
- Create a Report
- Controls to a Report
6. ENHANCE THE APPEARANCE OF A REPORT
- Appearance of a Report
- Report for Print
7. THE ACCESS OPTIONS DIALOG BOX
- The Access Options Dialog Box
------------ INTERMEDIATE ------------
1. RELATIONAL DATABASE
- Relational Database Design
- Create a Table – Access
- Create Table Relationships
2. JOINING TABLES
- Create Query Joins
- Join Tables That Have No Common Fields
- Relate Data within a Table
- Work with Subdatasheets
- Create Subqueries
3. ORGANIZING A DATABASE FOR EFFICIENCY
- Data Normalization
- Create a Junction Table
- Improve Table Structure
4. IMPORT AND EXPORT THE DATA
- Import Data into Access
- Export Data to Text File Formats
- Export Access Data to Excel
5. MAIL MERGE
- Create a Mail Merge
6. ADVANCED REPORTING
- Organize Report Information
- Format Reports
- Control Formatting in a Report
- Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Subreport to an Existing Report
------------ ADVANCED ------------
1. ADVANCED FORM DESIGN
- Create Subforms
- Organize Information with Tabs Pages
- Navigation of Forms
- Conditional Formatting
2. DATA VALIDATION
- Field and Record Validation
- Form Validation
3. USER INTERFACE DESIGN
- Create a Macro
- Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Validate Data Using a Macro
4. DATA ENTRY USING A MACRO
- Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
- Convert a Macro to VBA
5. DATABASE MANAGEMENT
- Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Manage a Database
- Determine Object Dependency
- Document a Database
- Analyze the Performance of a Database
6. SECURING A DATABASE
- Splitting a Database for Multiple User Access
- Implement Security
- Set Passwords
7. DISTRIBUTING DATABASE
- Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Analyze the Performance of a Database
- Create a Database Switchboard
- Modify a Database Switchboard
- Set Startup Options
Now £79 + VAT
- Software Engineer
- Technical Support
- Technical Sales
- Business Analyst
- Web Developer
- Software Tester
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global EduLink, located at the heart of London, is a pioneer in online education for UK learners and other learners across the globe. With over 224,000 happy learners, Global EduLink makes sure that your requirements are met by proving you...
Find out more about this Microsoft Access 2013 – Beginner to Advanced course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.