Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
An Introduction to Successful Conferences and Events
An Introduction to Successful Conferences and Events - 1-day training course
Gain the confidence and skill to organise successful events, conferences, seminars and workshops with this highly practical An Introduction to Successful Conferences and Events course.
The 1-day programme places begins by focusing on the first and foremost element of successful event organisation: planning. This is then followed by an overview of the event coordination and management stages, providing delegates with all of the tools necessary to:
- plan for a successful event
- develop successful event checklists
- work within a budget
- identify & avoid potential pitfalls and handle the unexpected
- communicate and negotiate with stakeholders
- work with others to deliver a successful event
- evaluate the success of the event
Participants will leave the course with the expertise to plan and deliver successful events, as well as a practical checklist to use in all of their future event organisation activities.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This An Introduction to Successful Conferences and Events course is suitable for PAs, secretaries, executive assistants, administrators and supervisors who are new to event organisation and wish to develop their skills and confidence.
It is not suitable for experienced conferernce organisers.
Candidates are required to complete a pre-course questionnaire to ensure that the course focuses on their key issues and needs.
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
The Effective Organiser
- Your role and responsibilities; the skills required for success
- Working with others - keeping all parties informed through two-way communication
- Whose support and assistance do you require?
- Agreeing the scope and objectives of your event
- Creating a critical path and developing a Gantt chart
- Designing a schedule and developing a checklist
- Working within a budget
- Getting value for money when the budget is tight
Venues and Suppliers
- Sourcing venues suppliers and guest speakers
- Selecting the right venue
- Negotiating prices, terms and facilities
On the Day
- How to get the most out of your day
- Dealing with difficult situations on the day
- The ingredients of a successful day
Evaluating the Day
- Why? Who? When? What? How?
- Lessons for the future
- Action planning for your next event
The cost of this course is £549 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
We have been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of our approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations in...