Effective Management and Leadership StylesHemsley Fraser
Effective Management and Leadership Styles
Understanding the ways in which your style of managing and leading impacts your employees allows you to motivate, encourage and help your team to work more effectively. In just two days this course will help you to understand what makes people and companies successful and how you can achieve this too.
The highly practical programme provides you with the opportunity to undertake a leadership styles profile questionnaire and have the opportunity to review your results and reflect on your strengths and development needs. You will then practise each of the management and leadership styles.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Select the most appropriate management or leadership style for any given situation.
- Identify your current management and leadership style.
- Understand the affect of different styles on others.
- Empower others to perform.
- Increase your ability to motivate others.
- Develop the talent of others through appropriate approaches to suit the situation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for managers with some experience who are looking to improve their understanding of a range of leadership and management styles in order to build teams through improving individual effectiveness.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
Defining your Role
- Define and differentiate between management and leadership
- Understand the skills and qualities required of managers and leaders in the 21st century
- Identify what your organisation needs, wants and expects of you
- Meet the demands of both your manager and your team
Assess your Management and Leadership Style
- Review your management and leadership style
- Identify your strengths and development needs
- Assess - how do others see you?
- Understand and background to the four leadership styles
- Leading by example - be a role model and project a credible image
The Directional Leader
- Define your team's direction and inspire others to follow
- Lead from the front
- Giving clear simple and motivational messages
- Keep your team focused on results
The Developmental Leader
- Your role as a developer of others
- Assess the individual and team development needs
- The art and skills for training and developing individuals
- Use a coaching style to enable others to act and take responsibility
- The skills to persuade and influence others
The Supportive Leader
- Recognise and reward contributions
- Identify and manage the talent in your team
- Lead with feedback that motivates and develops others
- Create a culture of challenge and support within your team
The Empowering Leader
- Encourage the team to undertake collaborative problem solving
- Make delegated responsibility a part of your team culture
- The advantage of self-managed teams
- The ability to facilitate rather than manage your team
- Create a personal leadership application plan to continue your development within the workplace
The cost of this course is £1,099 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Effective Management and Leadership Styles course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!