Finance for Non-Financial Managers
This two-day course enables participants to interact more productively with their finance-based colleagues, understand and manage the effects of their decisions on business results, and to exert greater influence on decision-making in their organisation.
Straightforward and highly practical, this course allows you to get straight to the crux of financial issues, demystifies financial information and gives you confidence and control when making financial decisions.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for managers who want to gain a clear understanding of the fundamentals of business finance and the financial implications of decisions they make.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how your daily decisions affect profit and cashflow.
- Demystify the rules of capital expenditure vs operational expenditure helping you to justify investments to your senior managers and finance team
- Review financial information relating to:
- your business (helping you to set targets for improvement)
- existing customers (are they still viable?) and potential customers (are they a credit risk?)
- your subsidiaries (helping you to manage and set targets for your team)
- competitors (what can we learn from benchmarking their results?)
- Manage the budgeting process to:
- ensure business strategy is implemented
- manage financial performance, understanding variances and taking action to achieve your budget and objectives
- negotiate funding for improvement or efficiency initiatives
- win in the negotiation over funds allocated to your budget, ensuring it’s achievable
- Easily assess the viability of entering new markets or developing new products
You will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
The Nature and Purpose of Accounting
- A simple model of an organisation’s accounting framework
- Who uses the accounts and what do they use them for?
- Where can I find out about my organisation’s/my competitors’ financial position?
Profit and Loss Accounts, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements
- Their structure and terminology, what they tell us and why they need to be reviewed together to gain a full understanding of business performance
- Using financial information as a management tool
- Understanding how operational income and costs are accounted for and the implications for how you manage costs in your department
- Understanding working capital : What it is? How can we manage it?
- Why too much working capital is bad for you and too little may be disastrous
- Optimising working capital for your organisation and the implications for negotiating with customers and suppliers
- The distinction between profit and cash flow
- Considering sources of funding
Understanding Management Accounting Including Budgeting
- Putting together a robust budget
- Negotiating budget funding
- Assessing variances and reforecasting the budget
- Evaluating feasibility of operational projects via break-even analysis
- The effects of depreciation
- Formulating an action plan
The cost of this course is £1,129 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews
Find out more about this Finance for Non-Financial Managers course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
299 GBP-329 GBP
Corporate Training for Teams
1,200 GBP-3,629 GBP