Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Handling Difficult People and Situations
Handling Difficult People and Situations
Learn how to manage yourself and the difficult people and situations that you encounter in your workplace by attending this Handling Difficult People and Situations course.
The one-day programme provides a guide to this useful skill. You will also learn tips and techniques to enable you to develop the confidence to be proactive and not reactive when challenged by people and circumstances.
The course aims to help you understand other people’s behaviour and how to respond appropriately. You will gain practical guidance to apply to your own situations and you will leave the course with a useful set of reference cards to remind you of key skills and techniques learned during the course during your work.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Handling Difficult People and Situations course is designed for those who are are looking to develop a more confident approach when dealing with difficult situations, as this course will give you the tools and techniques you need.
To gain the maximum benefit from the course, you will be sent a pre-course questionnaire to complete which asks you to consider current expectations. This will help you set the context of the course and the information you provide will be used on the day as part of the course activities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Understand the theory behind workplace behaviour
- Forge positive working relationships with difficult or uncooperative individuals
- Approach conflict situations with increased confidence in an appropriate and timely manner
- Adopt a confident, professional and appropriate style when faced with difficult people or situations
- Plan your personal strategy for dealing with difficult situations
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
Developing an Understanding of Behaviour
- Understand why people behave the way they do
- Emotional impact of behaviours – yours and theirs
- Encouraging others to change non-productive work behaviour styles
Forging Positive Working Relationships
- Adopting a positive approach to your relationships with others
- Creating an open and honest working environment through constructive feedback
Managing Difficult People
- Recognise negative and aggressive behaviour patterns
- Understand and manage the situation rather than the person
- Identifying and dealing with the underlying causes of difficult behaviour
Adopting a Confident, Professional and Appropriate Style
- Managing feedback on the impact of personal communication
- Recommendations to build a confident and professional approach
- A toolkit to be combined and adapted to suit your individual situation
Planning Your Personal Strategy
- Develop a personal application plan
The cost of this course is £599 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Handling Difficult People and Situations course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!