Minute Taking Made Simple - In-House
Empower your employees to make minute taking a complete breeze. Using a few simple yet brilliantly effective techniques, your organisation's members can be in total control, capture key points of the meeting and be confident that they have covered all of the content.
A minute taker is key in ensuring that meetings are productive. They need full confidence in their skills to be competent in this role. During this one-day in-house course, the trainer will guide your organisation's members through a step-by-step approach that will allow them to produce effective minutes. These steps include templates for structuring agendas and taking effective notes. Participants will take part in practical exercises to build confidence and put theoretical ideas into practice.
These sessions are typically held on your company premises, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Minute Taking Made Simple course is designed for organisations with employees who need the confidence and skills to produce accurate minutes.
Participants may want to bring a sample of minutes they have produced to review and refer to on the day. They will be asked to complete a pre-course questionnaire which will help the trainer to focus on individual needs.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, your employees will be able to:
- Save valuable time and gain confidence in their role as minute taker
- Work in partnership effectively with the chair and colleagues when preparing the agenda, meeting papers and minutes
- Recognise personal barriers to active listening – and overcome them – to help maintain concentration and capture key points
- Try out new, tried and tested note-taking techniques
- Pick out key points from discussions
- Ultimately produce a clear, concise set of minutes
You will accrue 7 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers:-
Before the Meeting - Good Preparation
- The roles and responsibilities before, during & after the meeting
- The importance of a pre meeting with the chair
- Producing agendas – The different types
- How to work in partnership with the Chair
The Difference Between Hearing and Actively Listening
- Maintaining concentration when interest is fading
- Tips to overcome personal barriers to listening
- Being able to identify the salient points
- How to behave confidently and obtain clarification assertively
Note-Taking – There is More than One Way
- Different ways to take notes in different situations and meetings
- Technology can help – exploring Apps
- How to deal with technical jargon
- Analysing good & poor minutes
- Recording information rapidly, tips on shortened writing
The Final Stages
- Making sense of the notes
- The need to make the minutes visually appealing
- Formatting and structuring the minutes for clarity and professionalism
- Checking for accuracy, brevity and clarity
- Using active sentences, avoiding the passive voice
- Creating your personal action plan for the future
From £1,600. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Minute Taking Made Simple - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!