Minute Taking Made Simple - In-House
Minute Taking Made Simple - in-House
Empower your employees to make minute taking a complete breeze. Using a few simple yet brilliantly effective techniques, your organisation's members can be in total control, capture key points of the meeting and be confident that they have covered all of the content.
A minute taker is key in ensuring that meetings are productive. They need full confidence in their skills to be competent in this role. During this one-day in-house course, the trainer will guide your organisation's members through a step-by-step approach that will allow them to produce effective minutes. These steps include templates for structuring agendas and taking effective notes. Participants will take part in practical exercises to build confidence and put theoretical ideas into practice.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Minute Taking Made Simple course is designed for organisations with employees who need the confidence and skills to produce accurate minutes.
Participants may want to bring a sample of minutes they have produced to review and refer to on the day. They will be asked to complete a pre-course questionnaire which will help the trainer to focus on individual needs.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, your employees will be able to:
- Save valuable time and gain confidence in their role as minute taker
- Work in partnership effectively with the chair and colleagues when preparing the agenda, meeting papers and minutes
- Recognise personal barriers to active listening – and overcome them – to help maintain concentration and capture key points
- Try out new, tried and tested note-taking techniques
- Pick out key points from discussions
- Ultimately produce a clear, concise set of minutes
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers:
Before the Meeting Guidance on How to Set up a Meeting
- The importance of a structured agenda to guide people through a meeting
- The minute-taker and the chair – working in partnership
The Difference Between Hearing and Actively Listening
- Maintaining concentration when interest is fading
- Tips to overcome personal barriers to listening
Note-Taking – There is More than One Way
- Different ways to take notes in different situations
- What information is not necessary to note?
- Do the action points stand out with time-frames and those responsible?
The Final Stages
- Making sense of the notes – immediately after the meeting is the language used ‘reader-friendly’?
- The need to make the minutes visually appealing
- Formatting and structuring the minutes for clarity and professionalism
- Checking for accuracy – facts, grammar and punctuation
- Have the minutes achieved their purpose?
- Creating your personal action plan for the future
Request information for a training quote
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Minute Taking Made Simple - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.