Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
This practical two day course will provide first line managers and supervisors with the essential skills and knowledge to manage and motivate other people to achieve their best performance.
You will explore the link between high performing individuals, teams and their business, as well as developing your skills in delivering feedback, handling difficult or demotivated people and celebrating success.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the link between effective performance management and business results
- Monitor and measure performance against agreed goals
- Run regular appraisal meetings to encourage staff to reach agreed goals and pick up any development opportunities
- Confidently deal with difficult performance issues positively for all involved
- Recognise when to give formal and informal motivational feedback
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Performance Management course is designed for line managers who have performance coach responsibilities (evaluating and managing others’ work) and need to help people achieve their potential.
You will be asked to think about the way appraisals and performance is currently handled in your workplace, what you like and dislike and specific situations you would like to discuss on the training course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Delegates can choose to complete a post-course assessment and gain the CMI Level 3 or Level 5 Award in First Line Management.
Training Course Content
The Value of Performance Management
- Defining performance management - what it is and why it matters
- The benefits of effective performance management
- Looking at common reasons for underperforming
- Exploring your role as a performance manager and coach – how to get the best from others
- Setting clear expectations, SMART and behavioural objectives
Managing and Motivating for Individual Performance
- The link between motivation and performance including practical approaches for managing differing performance levels
- Identifying your personal leadership and coaching style
- Changing your personal leadership style to get the most from the individual performer
- Improving and Developing Performance
- What to do when the performance plan doesn’t work
- Creating and implementing opportunities for learning based on personal styles
- Praising and celebrating good performance
- The performance coach – spotting opportunities and keeping it informal and positive. Celebrating success
- Monitoring and evaluating performance (gathering performance data and evidence)
- Providing clear and motivational feedback on a regular basis to improve individuals’ daily performance
- Encouraging self-appraisal and review
- Identifying what constitutes poor performance
- Handling difficult people in a fair and confident manner – encouraging them to find solutions and take ownership
- Understand disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Understand your role in grievance and disciplinary situations
- Formulating an action plan
The cost of this course is £1,029 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Performance Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!