Project Monitoring and Control
If you're a new project manager and often frustrated with the current way of working with projects, then this Project Implementation in-house course will help you quickly gain essential skills to effectively implement projects successfully.
In just one day,this course will help you ensure you deliver projects within budget and on time. You will gain the techniques to no longer have to deal with problems like battling resource shortages, changing client expectations and difficult stakeholders.
This intensive programme is focused on running a project and helps you learn to effectively implement projects through day-to-day best practice examples and the delivery of a ‘live’ case study project that has already been planned.
The session is delivered on your company premises, allowing your employees to assimilate knowledge and skills in a familiar environment, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new project managers or those with some experience, providing there is already a working knowledge of the most common tools and techniques (e.g. Milestones, Gantt Charts, Network Diagrams, Risk Procedures etc). Delegates will want to focus on the implementation of the tools in a real project environment.
In order to maximise the learning, delegates are provided with some reading prior to the workshop, so they can familiarise themselves with the project they will be managing.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this workshop your employees will be able to:-
- Communicate more effectively with all relevant stakeholders
- Implement project reporting at an appropriate level of complexity
- Use resource management techniques to handle a variety of resourcing challenges
- Deal effectively with unexpected risks and issues, including escalation where necessary
- Cope with change requests ensuring they are handled formally or informally as appropriate
- Use configuration management practices to control your baselined products
- Implement appropriate quality control procedures in your project
- Understand how to implement a Benefits Management Plan and the related reviews
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers:-
Effective Project Communication and Reporting
- Being clear about what to report on, when, to whom and at what level of detail
- Recognising the most effective types of reporting for your types of project
- Keeping important stakeholders ‘on-side’
- Getting stakeholders to do what you need them to do
Handling Varying Resource Requirements
- Using the right tools to deal with resourcing pressures
- Realising that more resource isn’t always the appropriate solution
- Histograms and ‘S’ Curves – how to make them add value
- Dealing with panics on the Critical Path
Dealing with unexpected risks and issues
- When to use formal processes and procedures
- Using the Registers effectively
- Effective escalation – what works best?
- The need to think and act broadly about risk (overlooking secondary risks?)
Handling Change Requests - Formally or Informally?
- The issues around scope change and scope creep
- Knowing which changes need to be controlled formally
- When and why a Change Board might be appropriate
- The common problems in handling change
Controlling your Controllable Products
- Ensuring all formal changes are followed through
- Configuration Manager – recognising their role and responsibilities
- Using status accounting effectively
- How best to implement verification and audit
Implementing Effective Quality Control and Reporting Procedures
- How to deliver ‘fit for purpose’ quality
- Controlling quality effectively
- Quality audits – what are we auditing?
How to Track and Report on Benefits Realisation
- Benefits realisation – whose job is it anyway?
- The link between Benefits Mapping and Benefits Realisation
- How to track and report on benefits both during and post project
Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Project Monitoring and Control course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Open / Scheduled
Open / Scheduled
Open / Scheduled
Open / Scheduled