This course was created for sales professionals and will provide them with the skills that they need to negotiate profitably while building and maintaining positive long-term business relationships.
In the two days of this course you will learn how to negotiate the best terms possible and determine the buyer’s actual position and business drivers. You will also learn how to employ a type of negotiation based on offering solutions and added value rather than focusing on price. The course includes interactive practice so that participants are prepared to negotiate with confidence and skill when they get back to the workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is beneficial to sales people and others who negotiate with customers in a sales environment and either have to develop a negotiation skills base from scratch or wish to re-examine and refresh their existing techniques.
In preparation for this course, please bring with you examples of emails/letters that you have sent to clients in the past.
Please also think of a negotiation where improvements could have been made.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:-
- Secure collaborative win-win results.
- Develop a negotiation strategy that supports rapport building and assertive conversations.
- Understand and demonstrate the six steps to negotiation.
- Use the most appropriate strategies and tactics for effective negotiation.
- Understand and demonstrate how to create value in your proposals that don’t only focus on price.
- Strategise and prioritise your concessions and their trade value.
- Understand the role of procurement/purchasing and how to develop rapport with limited contact.
- Identify and demonstrate how to negotiate via written communication only.
- Be able to calmly work through client objections to manoeuvre through deadlocks.
- Get past deadlocks and achieve profitable agreements.
- Prepare and plan for the best possible results.
- Recognise when and how to close the deal.
- Understand the behaviours and signals of your client and respond to secure the best deal.
You will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
Planning your Negotiating Strategy
- Win-Win collaborative negotiation – what does this mean for you?
- How to Plan and prepare for a successful negotiation.
- Negotiation styles – identifying the different styles and their outcomes.
- Creative use of concessions to reduce price discounting while maintaining mutual value.
- Calculating and using your “No Deal Below”
- How to negotiate creatively
- How to avoid weakening your position
- Giving and getting concessions
Building Rapport – The buyer as a person
- Understanding human behaviour and mindsets
- Procurement - getting them on side
- How to listen for what’s NOT being said
- Verbal and non-verbal communication – controlling yours and reading theirs.
- Assertive body language and written communication
- Understanding what part of your proposal isn’t suitable if declined
Tactics and Techniques
- Techniques for opening and developing negotiations
- Rapport building – reducing barriers
- Identifying the negotiating games people play
- Recognising negotiation tactics and how to bring the conversation back to a collaborative negotiation
- Assessing and redressing the balance of power
- Recognising developmental areas; building on your strengths
- Committing yourself to change on return to the workplace
- Maintaining your motivation levels and boosting your drive
The cost of this course is £1,129 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Sales Negotiation course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!