Success Skills for PAsHemsley Fraser
Success Skills for PAs
This course will introduce you to new skills to develop your confidence and ability to work proactively. It also provides you with a great opportunity to share experiences and interact with other PAs, and will enhance your professional development and improve performance by building on your communication, assertiveness and time management skills.
It is the second part of a three-tier programme that also includes the following programmes:
- The Essential Office Professional - Skills for Administrators, Secretaries and Support Staff (beginner)
- Professional Development for Senior PAs and Executive Assistants (advanced)
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for PAs, executive secretaries and office professionals who want to be more proactive and skilled, in order to manage multiple responsibilities more effectively.
To maximise the impact that your new skills will have on your organisation, we recommend that you discuss and agree your priority learning objectives with your manager before attending the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:-
- Identify the qualities of a successful PA to become more effective.
- Learn how to develop yourself and raise your profile to help you feel valued.
- Gain a greater understanding of your Manager’s role and how you can support them more effectively.
- Prioritise effectively and manage conflicting priorities.
- Deal with time stealers.
- Manage your email more effectively.
- Deal with constant diary changes.
- Build your confidence and overcome your fears.
- Communicate assertively with everyone.
- Have the tools to handle a difficult conversation.
- You will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
What Makes a Successful PA?
- Define your role
- Determine what makes us stand out from the rest
- Identify the skills and qualities for success
Be Recognised for What You Do
- Raise your profile
- Develop your role
- Create a personal brand
Understand your Manager’s Role
- Explore what your manager really does
- Define your manager’s objectives
- Build a successful working partnership
- Prioritise effectively
- Manage conflicting priorities
- Deal with constant interruptions
- Managing our e mail efficiently
- Looking after your Manager’s inbox
- Handling constant diary changes
- How to communicate professionally
- The importance of body language
- Listening and questioning to get results
Being Confident in Any Situation
- Learning what is confidence
- How to build your self esteem
- Overcome fears
- Identifying passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- Being assertive
- Saying No without feeling guilty
Handling Difficult Behaviours/People and Situations
- Identifying and dealing the underlying causes of difficult behaviour
- Interacting effectively
- Tool kit to help you have a difficult conversation
- Accepting new challenges with confidence
- Action plan to implement and monitor development
The cost of this course is £1,129 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house. Tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews
Find out more about this Success Skills for PAs course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!