Working Assertively and with Confidence - In-House
Skills in assertiveness are key to making employees feel confident and satisfied in their day-to-day work, which in turn enables them to be more productive.
This Working Assertively and with Confidence course is designed precisely to equip your staff with a confident, assertive attitude as well as some tools and techniques to help them work more effectively and achieve a good work-life balance. Delivered in-company over the course of two days, the programme will focus on helping individuals build self-esteem as well as practical skills in:
- Making requests assertively
- Saying 'no' to unreasonable demands
- Reaching solutions assertively
- Using positive body language to support assertive communication
- Reducing negativity & building confidence
Learners will leave the course with a personal action plan identifying the key changes needed to make sure they develop their assertiveness techniques for greater effectiveness in the workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all staff who need to improve their level of assertiveness and increase confidence & self-esteem in the workplace.
Delegates will typically be sent some pre-course work to help identify their current level of assertiveness, which will enable the trainer to help each individual meet his or her particular development needs.
Training Course Content
A typical course outline covers:
Understanding assertive behaviour
- Defining assertiveness in the workplace
- Identify the link between assertiveness and work/life balance
- Identifying behaviours linked with assertiveness
- Introduction to assertiveness techniques to say 'no' and make requests
Recognise the Link Between Assertiveness, Confidence and Self-esteem
- Distinguishing between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Self-assessment of your style – the associated strengths and weaknesses
- Recognising your own style and behaviours
- Techniques to build self-esteem and confidence
Handle Challenging Situations and People Confidently and Assertively
- Tackling barriers to assertiveness
- Confronting individual challenges which occur in the workplace
- Working proactively to prevent future challenges in the workplace
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
Assertiveness and body language
- Taking control through positive body language
- Responding appropriately to the body language of others in the workplace
- Using assertive and positive language – making your message clear
- Building rapport to maintain relationships
Planning Your Personal Strategy for Dealing with Assertive Behaviour
- Developing a personal action plan for using the robust tools and techniques learned from the course to increase your assertiveness, self-esteem and self- confidence
From £3,200. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Working Assertively and with Confidence - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!