Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Working Assertively and with Confidence - In-HouseHemsley Fraser
Working Assertively and with Confidence - In-House
Working Assertively and with Confidence
Skills in assertiveness are key to making employees feel confident and satisfied in their day-to-day work, which in turn enables them to be more productive.
This Working Assertively and with Confidence course is designed precisely to equip your staff with a confident, assertive attitude as well as some tools and techniques to help them work more effectively and achieve a good work-life balance. Delivered in-company over the course of two days, the programme will focus on helping individuals build self-esteem as well as practical skills in:
- Making requests assertively
- Saying 'no' to unreasonable demands
- Reaching solutions assertively
- Using positive body language to support assertive communication
- Reducing negativity & building confidence
Learners will leave the course with a personal action plan identifying the key changes needed to make sure they develop their assertiveness techniques for greater effectiveness in the workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all staff who need to improve their level of assertiveness and increase confidence & self-esteem in the workplace.
Delegates will typically be sent some pre-course work to help identify their current level of assertiveness, which will enable the trainer to help each individual meet his or her particular development needs.
Training Course Content
A typical course outline covers:
Understanding assertive behaviour
- Defining assertiveness in the workplace
- Identify the link between assertiveness and work/life balance
- Identifying behaviours linked with assertiveness
- Introduction to assertiveness techniques to say 'no' and make requests
Recognise the Link Between Assertiveness, Confidence and Self-esteem
- Distinguishing between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Self-assessment of your style – the associated strengths and weaknesses
- Recognising your own style and behaviours
- Techniques to build self-esteem and confidence
Handle Challenging Situations and People Confidently and Assertively
- Tackling barriers to assertiveness
- Confronting individual challenges which occur in the workplace
- Working proactively to prevent future challenges in the workplace
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
Assertiveness and body language
- Taking control through positive body language
- Responding appropriately to the body language of others in the workplace
- Using assertive and positive language – making your message clear
- Building rapport to maintain relationships
Planning Your Personal Strategy for Dealing with Assertive Behaviour
- Developing a personal action plan for using the robust tools and techniques learned from the course to increase your assertiveness, self-esteem and self- confidence
Please contact Hemsley Fraser for the pricing details of this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Working Assertively and with Confidence - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.