Working with More Than One Boss - Successfully Juggling Priorities
In today's evolving workplace, studies show that nearly half of all Personal Assistants work for four or more bosses and only approximately 1 out of 5 PAs assist a single boss. Fulfilling the demands for multiple bosses can be challenging and beneficial in granting insights into the management process. However, multiple bosses can mean continually juggling priorities and tasks and responding to conflicting demands. This can lead to longer workdays unless you learn the art of working with more than one boss.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed towards secretaries, personal assistants, and administrators who deal with the conflicting priorities of supporting more than one boss, sometimes virtually.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will leave this course equipped to:
- Prioritise - so your priorities complement those of your bosses
- Make interactions effective and not time-stealers
- Estimate and negotiate timescales
- Control stress by acting assertively
- Delegate to meet peak workloads
Training Course Content
- Your tasks versus those of your bosses
- Pareto’s law
- Projects, not personalities
- Managing bosses with conflicts of interest and priorities
- Dealing with unrealistic expectations
- Effective controlling interruptions
- Ensuring meetings are worth having
- Liaising with bosses virtually
Estimating and Negotiating Timescales
- Keeping simple visual charts
- Handling unrealistic deadlines and last-minute assignments
- The 5-As method of negotiating
- Saying ‘no’ without others realising it
- Reducing stress
- Handling difficult bosses
Dealing with Peak Workloads
- Helping each other out
- Delegating when necessary
- Formulating a personal action plan
The cost of this course is £649 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Working with More Than One Boss - Successfully Juggling Priorities course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!