Writing Effective ReportsHemsley Fraser
Writing Effective Reports
If you want to gain all of the necessary skills to create documents and reports that will be well received then you need to attend this Writing Effective Reports course. This course will help you learn the skill of communicating specialist information to others effectively. This course will give you the necessary skills to reduce the time it takes to write reports that get results.
This highly practical two-day programme gives participants the skills of planning, research, structuring, writing, editing and presenting reports. Practical exercises and discussion throughout the course will give you a toolkit to use when report writing.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Confidently write reports that achieve results or objectives
- Follow a systematic approach to reduce the time it takes to write
- Structure the information to guide the reader logically through the text
- Adopt a ‘reader-friendly’ style that creates understanding and maintains interest
- Write persuasively using the relevant information and vocabulary to support your idea
- Ensure that specialist and non-specialist readers will quickly read and understand your work
- Edit your draft reports easily and constructively
- Use diagrams, tables and charts to support and enhance your text
- Produce reports that achieve their goals
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Writing Effective Reports course is suitable for individuals who need to produce effective reports and would like an overview of the process and skills to do so.
It would be beneficial if you brought samples of the reports you produce at work, to help you review throughout the course. You will be asked to complete a pre-course questionnaire to help the trainer to focus on individual needs.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
A Structured Approach
- A step-by-step approach to focus on our terms of reference, reader, objective and content
Research and Preparation
- Deciding on relevant information to help the report achieve its purpose
- Structuring and sequencing that creates order and encourages the reader to read on
Is my Writing Style Professional and Appropriate?
- Use vocabulary that helps understanding and gets results
- Developing a persuasive tone to reinforce the argument
- How sentences and paragraphs can give rhythm and pace to our writing
- Will my report get a positive response from my reader?
Commonly Recognised Components of a Report
- Gaining an understanding of how a report is structured – beginning, middle and end
- Choosing the best format for your purpose
What will Help Support my Message?
- Exploring ways to present your information visually
- The do's and don’ts of visual messages
- Creating your own personal action plan for the future
The cost of this course is £1,129 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this Writing Effective Reports course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!