Email Marketing: Strategy Masterclass and Tactics Masterclass
In this 2-day course you'll go step by step through the planning, creation and delivery of high quality email campaigns. Learn how to get better response, more conversions and higher ROI. Gain the confidence to optimise all aspects of your email marketing.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for marketers responsible for the planning or implementation of email campaigns who want to improve results through the use of best practice tools and techniques.
Previous participants include:
- Senior Marketing Manager (The Sanctuary)
- Senior Planning Executive (EDF Energy)
- International Marketing Executive (Harrods)
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will learn to:
- Evaluate the use of email and set the right objectives for your business
- Understand the importance of good data, testing and of measuring results
- Understand the influence of design and copy
- Explore opportunities for harnessing technology and wider channels
- Develop the right segmentation and targeting strategies for your audiences
Training Course Content
An introduction to email marketing
- Understand the role of email marketing.
- Evaluate the use of email marketing as a tool.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of email marketing.
Developing an email marketing strategy
- Identify who you should send your emails to.
- Plan when you should send your email.
- Understand what to include in your email.
- Understand where the resources come from and why you are sending your emails.
- Identify your goals and messaging strategy.
What is an email list and how do you grow one
- Understand the sign up form.
- Learn how to gain valuable data about your subscribers.
- Learn to drive traffic to your sign up form.
Triggered and automated emails
- Learn the benefits of automation.
- Understand the technical requirements for automation.
Optimise your design and structure in your email campaign
- Understand the design requirements for different media.
- Learn how to optimise email for mobile.
- Identify wireframes and useful templates for your emails.
Create engaging content in your email campaigns
- Learn to write clear and persuasive copy.
- Learn how to make your content stand out.
- Understand how to use imagery in your emails.
Preparing to go live
- Identify the factors affecting email delivery.
- Understand filters and white lists.
- Learn how to keep your data clean and to high quality.
Optimising your email campaign
- Understand what, when and how to measure.
- Understand how to optimise list growth.
- Learn to set up a test plan.
Course delivery details
Virtual Classroom: Tutor-led, live, online classroom environments
The IDM Virtual Classroom is face-to-face, peer-to-peer learning – in the digital world. It lets you keep learning, wherever you are, and to connect with others, no matter the distance.
The IDM’s Virtual Classroom offers:
- An interactive classroom environment
- Peer-to-peer collaboration
- An engaging platform experience
- Practical learning through hands-on exercises
- Online access anywhere you can get an internet connection
Courses are structured in a time-friendly format consisting of three to four sessions per day, broken up into 60 to 90 minutes of learning, instead of the conventional approach of listening to lectures and notetaking.
Before starting your course, you’ll receive joining instructions outlining any technical requirements, plus a unique login link via Zoom.
Why choose Institute of Data & Marketing
Over 30 years experience as a leading awarding body for qualifications in data & digital marketing
Over 100,000 people have attended our courses
Over 15,000 marketers have earned a professional certification with us
Average rating 4.9
A good course offering interesting insights about email marketing. There were numerous 'light bulb' moments and I'll definitely be able to apply what I learned in my role moving...
The course is well suited to marketing professionals seeking to improve email communications and develop effective digital strategy.
Every minute has counted. Well worth the journey and time away from the office. Thank you for giving me some more tools to enable me to do my job better.
Members: £ 720+ VAT
Non-members: £850 + VAT
Institute of Data and Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...