Writing for ContentInstitute of Data & Marketing
Writing for Content
All available course dates
Writing for Content Marketing
Write better digital content for your website, blog, email, social media and more. Determine your goals for digital content and plan to achieve your organisation's goals. Discover what content types engage your audience and write content that attracts, persuades and converts.
You will learn to:
- Establish and clarify your goals with regards to your digital content
- Plan your content to ensure your copy achieves your organisation's aims
- Define the key steps in your users' journey and plan content against this
- Define the content types that will engage your audience
- Write content that attracts, persuades and converts your customers
Suitability - Who should attend?
Marketers will learn how to:
- Write copy that attracts the attention of your target audience.
- Write copy that is customer-focused.
- Write in a way that encourages engagement without coming across as salesy or marketing-led.
- Write copy that entertains, informs, educates and inspires your audience.
Training Course Content
Content copywriting strategy
- Where is your organisation in terms of its content marketing journey?
- What are your goals for your content?
- The 5-step content plan
- Mapping content to the customer journey, and how to adapt your style according to context
- The traditional marketing ‘funnel’ and how it affects your copy planning
Writing engaging and compelling content
- Developing content ideas for your brand
- Articles, features and blog formats, and how to make them work
- Attracting your audience’s attention through effective headlines
- Driving interaction with your audience
- Encouraging your audience to contribute (ie user generated content)
Establishing a voice for your brand
- Clarifying your brand’s personality
- The human touch: Bringing your brand to life
- Using the right language to engage your audience
- Tone of voice considerations
- Style points for improving content effectiveness
- Defining your organisation’s ‘narrative’
- Techniques for writing brand stories effectively
- Injecting emotion into your copy
- Using people to bring your stories to life
Repurposing your copy
- How to plan, edit and re-work your copy to work across different media
- Varying factors in offline and online copywriting
- How to re-use the same copy in different contexts
Measurement and testing
- Creating a test plan for copywriting
- Tracking and measuring against your content objectives
- Measuring ROI (return on investment) for your content and copy
Course delivery details
Virtual Classroom: Tutor-led, live, online classroom environments
The IDM Virtual Classroom is face-to-face, peer-to-peer learning – in the digital world. It lets you keep learning, wherever you are, and to connect with others, no matter the distance.
The IDM’s Virtual Classroom offers:
- An interactive classroom environment
- Peer-to-peer collaboration
- An engaging platform experience
- Practical learning through hands-on exercises
- Online access anywhere you can get an internet connection
Courses are structured in a time-friendly format consisting of three to four sessions per day, broken up into 60 to 90 minutes of learning, instead of the conventional approach of listening to lectures and notetaking.
Before starting your course, you’ll receive joining instructions outlining any technical requirements, plus a unique login link via Zoom.
Why choose Institute of Data & Marketing
Over 30 years experience as a leading awarding body for qualifications in data & digital marketing
Over 100,000 people have attended our courses
Over 15,000 marketers have earned a professional certification with us
Members: £400 + VAT
Non-members: £450 + VAT
Institute of Data and Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...
Find out more about this Writing for Content course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.