Interior Decorating Distance Learning Course - Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma
This distance learning Interior Decorating course is designed to develop participants' skills in designing and decorating interior spaces. Developed by professionals in the industry, this course covers a range of topics including light and colour, furnishings, functional design and more. Delivered entirely online, this course will provide the following benefits:
- Self-paced study - study anytime, anywhere
- No assignment deadlines
- Complete the course in months or in up to 3 years
- Gain access to a tutor working in Interior Decorating
- Skip the commute and save time
Course length and study mode
This course is available in three levels of achievement. The average time in which students complete studies is:
- Certificate Level - 14 weeks
- Diploma Level - 24 weeks
- Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Interior Decorating Course is designed for individuals who are looking to begin a career as an interior decorator.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course is available as either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level course.
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of this course, participants will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as an Interior Decorator
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipIDD
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program
Training Course Content
Content for this Interior Decorating course will include the following modules:
- Introduction to Interior Design and Decoration
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Functional and Decorative Use of Colour
- Lighting Effects on Colour
- Planning a Harmonious Decorative Colour Scheme for a Client
- Light and Colour I, II, & III
- Decorating Styles
- How to decorate (Step by Step)
- Building Systems and Components
- Interior Planting
- Job Seeking Skills
- Starting an Interior Design Business
The cost of this Interior decorating course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
- Pay up-front and receive a 10% discount
- Pay in instalments as low as £25 per week
Included in Course Fees
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education. Using...
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!